Vaughn Gear

TheGoalNet

• 3 weeks later...

So have chance to try pads on ice at one practice and two games. Overall still little strange to me, pads are taller than my KOHO pads, have smaller room in the knee area and leg channel is realy different. But I´m getting used to..

Want to ask, if there is any user of Ventus or similar pads, what knee guards do you use? My KOHOs Swiss looks to be very bulky for those pads. I tried my older Bauer supremes (black-yellow), but landing feels hard in them :S.  

Ok, so I bought 1S knee pads and it looks like the problem is solved ;). Kneepads fit my knees good and didn´t interfere with pads, landing is good. I know that 1S have their flaws and are no way so protecive like KOHO Swis, but with so long pads and realtively thin kneepads I can close five hole even with my narrow butterfly :D .

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone who has tried and or worn both the SLR and the V7 XR/2200, how do they compare?  Seeing how many pros have switched to the ventus from velocities makes me wonder how much of a difference there is for what is considered a butterfly bad.  Also, has anyone found it difficult to go from a shallow leg channel Vaughn to a deeper leg channel?

Got the opportunity to scope the new Vaughn 2018 catalog. I am trying to get the okay to share with everyone... 

In the interim... 

VE8 = Pads, 2x Glove, Blocker, Pants, C&A 

Pad - Strapping pictured above seems to be the biggest change. Other mentions are the thigh rise and soft foam for "more puck action"

XP glove looks to be a 590 style clone with double T

2 Piece glove is just called VE8 pro carbon 

VE8 C&A looks to have a larger chest / belly insert and Mrazek straps

New padded shirt was the biggest surprise to me

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have a Vaughn v6 2200 glove, and I freaking love the thing...so I was wondering g what current model would be the same or similar? Or would I have to go custom and order a 2200? I bought the set very lightly used (he had something like 5 sets he rotated through) from an OHL mask painter who ordered them through the team...so maybe I’d have to go custom?