Vaughn Gear

TheGoalNet

Dumb question: Does the break really matter? I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I'm genuinely asking. I tried on Brians, CCM, Vaughn, and Bauer gloves to see which felt the best on my hand. I know that each has a different break. But honestly, I didn't really feel a difference besides how hard/easy they were to close (keep in mind, these are on the shelf gloves that hadn't been broken in or heat molded and also take into account all I was looking for was protection and how the glove sat on my hand).

5 minutes ago, Xdave90x said:

Hey guys quick question here how would you rate vaughn v4 pro pads we're they a good model ? where they still in the era of being 1 inch smaller ie: if i wear 34+2 rbk should 35+2 vaughn v4 fit?

They're good pads. Played in V4's forever. And yea, this was before vaughn started to put one piece cores into their pads. They'll have settled. 

So got my order in and it'll take 8-9 weeks for the custom order. Didn't do anything fancy, went pretty much all black (never had all black, thought it'd be fun to try) and went to a double break. Prices listed below are after the 10 or 15% discount I got.

Legs $1,530.00

Glove $465.00 (went with the game glove, not the XP that has the extra padded palm, figured thats the practice glove)

Blocker $335.00

• Like 1

Anyone know when we can expect a customizer for the V8 line? or when they will be in stores to get a good look at them?

I was set on getting a set of Optics but that V8 pad looks mighty interesting. Weight is a large factor for me as I always liked Vaughn gloves and blockers but not the pads which seemed to weight a ton in comparison to my Subzero 1's I have been using for years.

Bought a new set of pads 2 years back (Bauer Reactor 6000's) to replace the Subzero's but 9 months in I actually had to switch back to the Subs. The weight and balance between the 2 was too much to overcome. Never believed something like that would happen.

18 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Sabres_Guy - Do you slide alot? Like butterfly slides?

Not a butterfly slide kind of guy. I move on my feet and drop and get up and move in most sliding situations. Sliding too much (or much at all) to me, throws off my balance and screws up my positioning.

Hell I used to put tape on my knee landings of some of my old pads to keep sliding to a minimum.

That's why if I go the Optik route I will demand in the largest lettering possible on an order form for regular jenpro on the inside edge only.

32 minutes ago, Sabres_Guy said:

Not a butterfly slide kind of guy. I move on my feet and drop and get up and move in most sliding situations. Sliding too much (or much at all) to me, throws off my balance and screws up my positioning.

Hell I used to put tape on my knee landings of some of my old pads to keep sliding to a minimum.

That's why if I go the Optik route I will demand in the largest lettering possible on an order form for regular jenpro on the inside edge only.

Unsolicited suggestion:

You could also ask for Nylon knee wings on the sliding edge - it will feel tackier on the ice than tape.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Cody Porter posted pictures of his V8 chest on GGSU... Some said retail price on these is gonna be super high.. $900???

lol, I doubt it.

Currently the V7 C/A retails at $650 CDN. And say that $900 mark is CDN as well, spending $250 more for a C/A that is just a slightly updated version of the V6 is a sure fire way to price themselves out of the market.

Again, I doubt it.

18 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

lol, I doubt it.

Currently the V7 C/A retails at $650 CDN. And say that $900 mark is CDN as well, spending $250 more for a C/A that is just a slightly updated version of the V6 is a sure fire way to price themselves out of the market.

Again, I doubt it.

Porter's has the NHL Beef Up package... Likely increasing the bottom line

22 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

$250.00 for a beef up package? C'mon now, you're just toying with me and don't actually believe that right?

Its Vaughn... I also spy Mrazek suspender straps on the floaters... Who knows... Maybe its all the CARBON :rofl: