Stick Weight & Balance Thread

TheGoalNet

3 hours ago, ChickNPawks said:

Just picked up the new HyperLite stick. 24” intermediate. Just under 591 grams. They aren’t lying about the name. 

E07BAD8D-D925-4CAB-B30F-76230CDEA040.jpeg

Also for reference, throwing in my last 3 sticks.
CCM Premier P2.9 (2018)

Bauer 3s Pro (2020)

Hyperlite (2021)

-140 grams in just 2 1/2 years time. I wonder how much more they can go? Will we see a <500g goalie stick? 

04781EE1-AD9C-4BBC-9194-4A1EDA9BA4B2.jpeg

With advances in fabrics, epoxies and fabrication methods, it is entirely possible. Now that there are targeted sporting goods fabrics coming out even at the consumer project level, this could happen quite easily. My guess is that the core of the paddle is next to be worked on.

• 11 months later...
12 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Does anyone have a comparable Bauer Totalone NXG and a hyperlite or any newer top of the line stick? I found one but I want to know how much heavier it is than a current high end one

I posted weights on an NXG a while back in the Stick Comparison thread...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, netminder said:

Can someone supply weights for the highest end Bauer goalie sticks in a 26" Hyperlite, 26" Supreme Mach and then the 2nd price point in both of those models? Hard to find concrete info.

I had a conversation with someone, and I can't recall if it was the Mach or Hyperlite but it weight as much as my CCM Pro Lite I believe.  I think it was the Mach but don't quote me on it.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:42 PM, netminder said:

Not very many are using these sticks it seems. Hard to find many Pro's in them too, and im always hearing they are the LEAST durable of every brand going. Im not shocked we dont have much data on them to be honest.

I know a lot of guys are using the mach and a few in the hyperlite but a lot of others are just skinned to look like the newest sticks

On 8/6/2022 at 8:07 AM, ilyazhito said:

Will there be a tradeoff between weight and durability (lighter sticks are more likely to break)? I sure hope not. 

This is a huge problem with player sticks. From talking to my teammates on the consumer end and my manager at the store I work at, the companies don’t want to admit it but the issues with sticks breaking more the past few years is a direct correlation to weight. CCM tried to blame covid saying they couldn’t get the right materials they would normally use but now every stick since they said that (Ft5 Trigger 7 and AsV) have all had durability issues. Same with Bauer sticks since Ultra Sonic. Hyperlites broke easily and my teammates that love mid kickpoint sticks won’t even buy Syncs anymore because they basically snap on command. And the Agent? Forget it. One of my guys went through 4 in less than a month with warranties and stuff because they break so easily. Sticks are light enough. I need to know I’m holding something still

5 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I know a lot of guys are using the mach and a few in the hyperlite but a lot of others are just skinned to look like the newest sticks

This is not unique to Bauer or goalies... Pros don't like change. Players and goalies of all brands are using old models skinned as new ones. This does not mean an NXG is better than a Mach, it means a guy got used to the feel of NXG and didn't feel like changing to save 30g.

• Like 1

Just now, TheGoalNet said:

This is not unique to Bauer or goalies... Pros don't like change. Players and goalies of all brands are using old models skinned as new ones. This does not mean an NXG is better than a Mach, it means a guy got used to the feel of NXG and didn't feel like changing to save 30g.

Right. And not sure if this is the same on the goalie side, it seems to be a little different but for players the big brands only build special old stuff for star players unless a 3rd liner is lucky enough to want what Kane or Crosby use. That might be why when someone uses an old Bauer skinned as a newer stick it almost always is an NXG