Clarification and an update or two

bunnyman666

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been on the forum a lot lately. I would just like to say I am sorry to hear about your colon issues but am very glad you are back to posting! I hope it all works out for you.

Does this whole thing mean there was a hidden meaning behind the pooper pads haha? 

5 minutes ago, Hills said:

I haven't been on the forum a lot lately. I would just like to say I am sorry to hear about your colon issues but am very glad you are back to posting! I hope it all works out for you.

Does this whole thing mean there was a hidden meaning behind the pooper pads haha? 

Very much so. At first, Pooper was going to be the brand name on the stick and gear for my mask paint job; however- with my colon problems, it became my joke. 

I already feel better save for surgical pain, but my return to ice will most likely be October or later because of waiting for me to get revision surgery (so I am not pooping in a bag).

Thanks for the well wish. 

4 hours ago, Znowleopard said:

Get well soon, devil bunny man, Keep your mind busy and you will be on the ice faster than you can say Devil bunny man 666 Times ;)

That’s a lot to say 666 times!

I am working on getting better. Thanks for the well wish!

I am going to answer some strange questions you may (or may not) have when it comes to some of the items I have right now. Some of my friends in the real world have these questions.

How painful is the catheter?

It is painful if the rest of the whole business is moved. You are fully aware of it at all times. 

Can you get an erection with the catheter?

Yes. This is not something you want, trust me! I had one whilst sleeping and it was definitely time to empty the bag.

How easy is your ostomy bag to change?

Not too bad at all. You just have to follow directions. Do it early in the morning and there aren’t any surprises. 

Have you had a leak?

Thank G’d NO!!!! My time may come, as I still have at least two months and three weeks more with it.

Do you know when you’re going to go in the bag?

No. But you know you will in time after eating. This is why you change the bag early in the morning before eating. 

I hope none of you will ever experience this up close and personal. But if you do, I hope that I have answered a few questions. 

5 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Looks like the blockage is working itself out. May get the catheter out today.  

There are days you say - can it get any better than this?

Then there are days like this that make you appreciate those fun days that much more.

If the nurse comes in to remove the catheter looks like this:

26ac1aeb46998cd5c0a57aad6bf2e1a8

You may want to rethink the removal.

29 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

@MTH In some ways I’d rather have the nurse look like that as it prevents potential of an erection. 

Erections are not fun with a catheter. 

They gave me smelling salts to fix that problem back when I had my surgeries. I was skeptical but holy shit it works like a charm.

I also had one through the abdomen.

It also really sucked when they both got clogged. 

Also, true story, I had a hard time with the tube getting disconnected. I tried every type of tape imaginable, nothing would stay stuck. Turns out, stick tape does a fantastic job. 

6 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

They gave me smelling salts to fix that problem back when I had my surgeries. I was skeptical but holy shit it works like a charm.

I also had one through the abdomen.

It also really sucked when they both got clogged. 

Also, true story, I had a hard time with the tube getting disconnected. I tried every type of tape imaginable, nothing would stay stuck. Turns out, stick tape does a fantastic job. 

Gah. I promise to think of this when I feel like bitching too much about my situation.

Stick tape is actually amazing stuff!

50 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Gah. I promise to think of this when I feel like bitching too much about my situation.

Stick tape is actually amazing stuff!

Catheter can be 'nice' as long as the fucking thing is working. I had to go to the doctors twice in two weeks to have the tube flushed because it kept getting clogged. Even room temperature saline is VERY cold when it hits the inside of your bladder. Not PAINFUL but very uncomfortable!

And yeah, the stick tape would hold even when it got wet. Everything else would just fall apart! 

1 minute ago, IPv6Freely said:

Catheter can be 'nice' as long as the fucking thing is working. I had to go to the doctors twice in two weeks to have the tube flushed because it kept getting clogged. Even room temperature saline is VERY cold when it hits the inside of your bladder. Not PAINFUL but very uncomfortable!

And yeah, the stick tape would hold even when it got wet. Everything else would just fall apart! 

Gah! Mine is only uncomfortable when it gets moved or anything like that. Sounds like it was around like an unwanted house guest...

Archived