Clarification and an update or two

bunnyman666

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real update: Did my first bag change at home. Home health was going to have me wait for them to come out, when ever that was going to be. Home health comes whenever they want, but let’s just say my bag was not going to wait. Whilst avoiding any dignity-killing leaks and/or full blow outs, when I pulled off the bag, it was not going to wait and possibly could have been a nasty surprise today, tonight or tomorrow. 

Things have changed shape, including a 1/2” divot below the rest of the skin. There is stuff to build those areas back up. I still don’t have it perfect, I fear. But I will NOT wait for home health to change these things. They will need to work around my schedule unless they want to clean up from the leaks.

Still in plenty of pain. Lots of naps...

I am having pretty horrendous problems with my pouching. It is resulting in a terrible skin irritation that makes poison ivy feel like a spa treatment. Of course this is happening on a holiday weekend, so I don’t see an ostomy nurse until Tuesday. My stoma opening points down, meaning that the discharge is going under the flange around my stoma, causing leaks and resultant irritation. 

11 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I am having pretty horrendous problems with my pouching. It is resulting in a terrible skin irritation that makes poison ivy feel like a spa treatment. Of course this is happening on a holiday weekend, so I don’t see an ostomy nurse until Tuesday. My stoma opening points down, meaning that the discharge is going under the flange around my stoma, causing leaks and resultant irritation. 

That sucks, mate; but you hang in there! At least you’re at home; imagine how much hospital-bed Bunny would have wanted to be in your place!

Got the real Wound/Ostomy nurse here today. He is a very nice fellow. He changed the shit bag. He confirmed that my ostomy is oriented in a very peculiar direction. He has ordered a few samples based on his observations. I had discussed with him how easy the last one was compared to this one. I am hoping that as this stoma settles down and shrinks that everything morphs into something easier to deal with. 

This part of the deal has been difficult to deal with to say the least. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did finally get the pouching thing down. I hope none of the membership has to go through this, but I do have a pro tip for those who may go through this and drink beer: the gas from beer drinking can, and in some cases WILL blow your bag off of your abdomen. It has happened TWICE. No fun.

Tomorrow, if the scheduling staff did their jobs correctly, I am starting a series of two testing proceedures to see where my healing has taken me to see when I will have my last procedure to see when I will be bag-free. I say if the scheduling staff did their jobs correctly as I never got a confirmation in the mail, including instructions on clear diet today. Fun NOT. 

This upcoming surgery will be the easiest to recover from, yet it will be the hardest to rehab as there may be anal incontinence issues from the initial inability to hold my poo. Joy, oh joy! I guess I can start posting on the old man club thread trying to convince myself that Lisa Rinna was right about how sexy Depends can be!

• 2 weeks later...

It has come to my attention that my content has fallen flat on this crowd.

Rather than trying to pointlessly attempt to elicit laughter from my lack of pertinent content as I am frankly bitter about my current inability to participate in the game of hockey, I will be curtailing my participation and allow those who have more relevant content to take the spotlight. The direction of this forum is gear oriented; me getting out of the way of the forum’s direction will provide material that the majority of this forum will enjoy, rather than sully this forum with sophmoric attempts at humour. 

I am going to continue to focus upon my recovery and will hopefully, one day, have content that will reflect my hopefully future participation as a goalie.   

Please know that I am posting this in the interest of allowing this forum to flourish, rather than being drug down by poor content. I wish this forum well.

Archived