Jump to content

Bauer Konekt 2 2024


Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, dean42mvg said:

looks like release is soon, the Konekt 1 have been reduced:

 

image.thumb.png.aee4cad53052cc9215ec42222f0b7e30.png

Yep they were reduced maybe a month ago? Or maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. I believe official launch date for K2  is 6/28 but stores are getting their shipments in now and they can sell in-store but cannot advertise online yet. I got my Konekt2s last week.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2024 at 10:40 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

Yep they were reduced maybe a month ago? Or maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. I believe official launch date for K2  is 6/28 but stores are getting their shipments in now and they can sell in-store but cannot advertise online yet. I got my Konekt2s last week.

Tried them yet? coming from OG konekt? Plan on using the flex inhibitor?

Testing it tonight along with my shadow gear for the first time too (kept 'em clean for a month, now time to look at them dirtied up a little).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

Tried them yet? coming from OG konekt? Plan on using the flex inhibitor?

Testing it tonight along with my shadow gear for the first time too (kept 'em clean for a month, now time to look at them dirtied up a little).

Yep, skated in them maybe 3 or 4 times. Yep, came from Konekt1. No plans on using the flex inhibitor.

They feel pretty much the same as Konekt1, but with a little more width in the forefoot, which I needed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Yep, skated in them maybe 3 or 4 times. Yep, came from Konekt1. No plans on using the flex inhibitor.

They feel pretty much the same as Konekt1, but with a little more width in the forefoot, which I needed.

I feel like they missed with the instep increase though. The size 4 wasn’t deep enough, although I have really thick instep (like 87th percentile according to the scan, way above the average) and it has often been a problem in skates. My 4.5 ultrasonic were just fine, I had hoped the konekt would be too. Unfortunately I had to size up, length felt ok but even with the five the instep is tight.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Heard rumors the konekt 2s would be sold on the Bauer site. Suppose as a store guy I should know this answer but do any of you store mangers or more konekted people know for sure?

This is precious

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2024 at 10:59 AM, maxtm30 said:

I just bought my pair.

I was surprised I had to size up from 4.5 to 5 in Konekt. Tried the 4 at first and the skate felt extremely shallow. I have pretty deep heels as I have adult sized legs and ankles attached to child feet (but at least it’s cheaper). The fit seemed pretty snug width wise. Hyped to test these out with my new shadow set! 

 

I'm trying out a set of slightly used Konekt 1's and found the same sizing deal. Bauer says to size down (7.5 -> 7, etc.), but I'm finding the opposite. It really seems there's some gray area in that. I've been a 7.5EE since I got full feet in my teens and traditional 8's I've tried in the past were too big, 7's were too tight. I've always been right on the .5 mark. But the 7 Konekt's feel tight (going to bake again with some spacers). I'm not sure if it's just me being used to having a slight space for the toe versus the boot conforming to the foot or what. But it's definitely a change. I briefly thought about cutting the tip of the boot because that's the exact spacing I need for my foot to fit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

And you didn’t even know the answer to my question! Stupid Canadiens fans

But you admitted you should have known already!

@ZeroGravitas can probably answer this better.  IIRC when Konekt1 came out, he purchased from the store after waiting a little while to see if they would be posted online.  I bought mine full price.

If you have a direct line to your sales rep, I'd reach out that way.

I helped staff goalie weekend at GM down here and mainly organized the goalie stick rack - I now hate that Warrior has like 900 model variances within their two lines.

Also had the pleasure of assisting in the fit and sale of a pair of Konekt 2s. They made some nice changes to the boot and buckles, but I still ended up putting an order in for True one piece for myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

But you admitted you should have known already!

@ZeroGravitas can probably answer this better.  IIRC when Konekt1 came out, he purchased from the store after waiting a little while to see if they would be posted online.  I bought mine full price.

If you have a direct line to your sales rep, I'd reach out that way.

I helped staff goalie weekend at GM down here and mainly organized the goalie stick rack - I now hate that Warrior has like 900 model variances within their two lines.

Also had the pleasure of assisting in the fit and sale of a pair of Konekt 2s. They made some nice changes to the boot and buckles, but I still ended up putting an order in for True one piece for myself.

I was told by my manager a month or so ago that the konekt 2s would be on Bauer.com. The konekt 1s were never available online until they went on sale recently because of the baking process. But now that the process is more well known the thought was they could be sold online and people would know to go to a store and fit them correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I was told by my manager a month or so ago that the konekt 2s would be on Bauer.com. The konekt 1s were never available online until they went on sale recently because of the baking process. But now that the process is more well known the thought was they could be sold online and people would know to go to a store and fit them correctly.

No inside information - our rep was at our store over the weekend and I didn't ask him - but I suspect they won't be up for a while.

Bauer just recently put up Konekt1 on Bauer.com (within the last 2 months? Does anyone know?) and they're still selling it at original MSRP of $899 US, while stores have marked them down to $675 US. It doesn't make sense for them to put up Konekt2 at MSRP of $999 US while they have Konekt1 at a really similar price point. I suspect they'll keep Konekt2 off the website for a while to drive traffic to stores. This is all, 100% supposition on my part though.

I purchased my K2 from my store because I assumed Bauer wouldn't be putting it online for a while.

Maybe your store manager can get it for you at the wholesale cost and you purchase it for that cost? Depends on your store, I guess. That probably won't fly at a big box store...

Edited by ZeroGravitas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

But you admitted you should have known already!

@ZeroGravitas can probably answer this better.  IIRC when Konekt1 came out, he purchased from the store after waiting a little while to see if they would be posted online.  I bought mine full price.

If you have a direct line to your sales rep, I'd reach out that way.

I helped staff goalie weekend at GM down here and mainly organized the goalie stick rack - I now hate that Warrior has like 900 model variances within their two lines.

Also had the pleasure of assisting in the fit and sale of a pair of Konekt 2s. They made some nice changes to the boot and buckles, but I still ended up putting an order in for True one piece for myself.

The true website says they only do customs up to size 12...you know if they have any offerings in size 13 or 14? I'm wearing bauer 12.5 right now but my shoe size is 15. Curious if I'm locked out of the true equipment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2024 at 11:33 AM, KyleK29 said:

 

I'm trying out a set of slightly used Konekt 1's and found the same sizing deal. Bauer says to size down (7.5 -> 7, etc.), but I'm finding the opposite. It really seems there's some gray area in that. I've been a 7.5EE since I got full feet in my teens and traditional 8's I've tried in the past were too big, 7's were too tight. I've always been right on the .5 mark. But the 7 Konekt's feel tight (going to bake again with some spacers). I'm not sure if it's just me being used to having a slight space for the toe versus the boot conforming to the foot or what. But it's definitely a change. I briefly thought about cutting the tip of the boot because that's the exact spacing I need for my foot to fit.

Definitely bake with spacers/shims and toe sleeves. Will help immensely.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...