Mask Age Concerns (Armadilla)

4 minutes ago, Don Straus said:

Haha! I’ll be as surprised as you. ;)

You never know what could happen, Don!

I never knew that repairing a tear in a skin on a carbon/nomex wheel would have ended up having me build full bicycles. 

I have been toying with building a mask and a cowling for awhile. I just love all of the advanced materials available for a slob like me to build with these days!

A 2.0 would be awesome!!!! 

4 minutes ago, Don Straus said:

Could it be any more unbelievable than creating the original Armadilla with my lack of hockey history? ;)

Exactly!

But in many cases, it takes someone from the outside to think enough outside of the box to improve things dramatically!

I may have to build a stick whilst recovering from this surgery! I never could find carbon sock in small enough quantities to experiment! Waddaya think, Don- should I go for it? Maybe after I get some rest, eh?

Do it 

41 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Exactly!

But in many cases, it takes someone from the outside to think enough outside of the box to improve things dramatically!

I may have to build a stick whilst recovering from this surgery! I never could find carbon sock in small enough quantities to experiment! Waddaya think, Don- should I go for it? Maybe after I get some rest, eh?

14 hours ago, Don Straus said:

Could it be any more unbelievable than creating the original Armadilla with my lack of hockey history? ;)

I feel like this is one of things that made the Armadilla great. And different. I think your lack of hockey experience allowed you to look at the need as an outsider and fabricate the best possible solution. 

I think it was one of the main reasons that the Armadilla has such a unique appearance, and superior performance. Not being immersed in the game, I wasn't 'programmed' to only see it as many others who followed the historic pathway. 

7 minutes ago, craig said:

I feel like this is one of things that made the Armadilla great. And different. I think your lack of hockey experience allowed you to look at the need as an outsider and fabricate the best possible solution. 

• 5 months later...

Well, just to update, on the ice 3-4 times per week and the Armadilla continues to keep me safe. Slap shots to the mind, elbows, and a guy even fell on my head. You can, indeed, trust a classic if it was done right. I may have even found a third Armadilla that could be worthy of a complete refurbishment, fingers crossed, stay tuned!

Thanks to @TheGoalNet  for connecting me back to @Don Straus . It's been the highlight of my return to the game! I appreciate everyone's support. 

Archived