Beer

Lucky Pucker

On 7/4/2019 at 5:30 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Please tell me I wasn't the only idiot to do the ol' Edward 40 hands when they were younger.

88db57e7164754b21ee0c995204fd6a4.jpg.3560a37a382069c6d1b9f6de1c37eb11.jpg

I never played, but baited a lot of dumb freshmen into playing while I was in college.  We lived right across the street from a convenience store/bar and would inevitably get hit up by kitds from the dorms nearby to buy beer for them.  My standard response was "I'll pay for 2 40's for you, but you've got to play Edward 40-hands".  The smart ones asked what I meant, but you'd be stunned at how many dumbshits agreed without ever asking (and went through with it).   Ahhhh, good times....

21 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I never played, but baited a lot of dumb freshmen into playing while I was in college.  We lived right across the street from a convenience store/bar and would inevitably get hit up by kitds from the dorms nearby to buy beer for them.  My standard response was "I'll pay for 2 40's for you, but you've got to play Edward 40-hands".  The smart ones asked what I meant, but you'd be stunned at how many dumbshits agreed without ever asking (and went through with it).   Ahhhh, good times....

Never played that game, but cracked plenty of 40’s with my homies.

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

Luckily for me it was more of a high school event, so I never had to truly live with my embarrassment in my adult years.

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

Never played that game, but cracked plenty of 40’s with my homies.

Pour some out for the homies in the sky too?

i'm not much of a beer snob.. not that anybody here is 😉 but for the most part my beer drinking days are few and far between. Use to get at least a 12 pack every time to the store now it's just six or less, singles of something. A 6 pack of Busch Light is good enough 😆.  Although when my girlfriend n I go to Gladiator games a few ice cold Molson's are always in order 🍻

18 minutes ago, Scythe said:

i'm not much of a beer snob.. not that anybody here is 😉 but for the most part my beer drinking days are few and far between. Use to get at least a 12 pack every time to the store now it's just six or less, singles of something. A 6 pack of Busch Light is good enough 😆.  Although when my girlfriend n I go to Gladiator games a few ice cold Molson's are always in order 🍻

You're definitely right about not being a snob. ;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Scythe said:

Beer is beer, and there is a beer for every season and reason from low brow to high society.

On 7/4/2019 at 2:30 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Please tell me I wasn't the only idiot to do the ol' Edward 40 hands when they were younger.

88db57e7164754b21ee0c995204fd6a4.jpg.3560a37a382069c6d1b9f6de1c37eb11.jpg

This was part of our college club hockey initiation on the first night of our two day tryouts 🤣

IIRC one guy did it in less than 2 minutes. He's a dentist now.

9 hours ago, MangoRhinehart said:

Ran into some Neshaminy Creek beers at the gas station, which is from Bucks County PA on the other side of the state, and where I was born.

The Shape of hops to come: A quite delicious double ipa.

20190721_223729.jpg

That looks like my kind of DIPA! But at 8.5%, well... this is not your teenage-self's PBR. no, sir!

LMAO!

• 1 month later...

Had a great sprawling save on a break away today, and it’s beer o’clock- enjoying a nice IPA from Toronto brewers Overhop.

Ghosted story-teller label art apparently by DaveArt, who was humbled 🙏😊🥳 to work with Overhop 🍺🍺👌😍 on their story about after hockey 🥅🏒 beer that would appeal to the intellect 👌🧠 as well as unicorns 🦄 and lobsters 🦞 and Easter island heads🗿 

0C9963EA-814E-453C-B640-CE01FE21351D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Beer o’clock on a Friday! A very nice NEIPA from Great Lakes Brewery, cleverly called “Karma Citra” - and it’s sexy alright!

Lost 5-1 last night, but when opposing forward and refs are saying “nice save, goalie!” I figure I did pretty well (aside from not scoring enough goals, which has also haunted by buddy Carey Price throughout his career...)

2B80EA86-FC9B-4DD7-9605-9FD60050844A.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Beer o’clock on a Friday! A very nice NEIPA from Great Lakes Brewery, cleverly called “Karma Citra” - and it’s sexy alright!

Lost 5-1 last night, but when opposing forward and refs are saying “nice save, goalie!” I figure I did pretty well (aside from not scoring enough goals, which has also haunted by buddy Carey Price throughout his career...)

Probably because you didn't tie your skates up all the way.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

2B80EA86-FC9B-4DD7-9605-9FD60050844A.jpeg

I could use one right now.  Why is drinking on the job considered a bad thing?  So stupid :shakehead:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I could use one right now.  Why is drinking on the job considered a bad thing?  So stupid :shakehead:

The problem is if I drink on my job, I will give those tosser LO’s the “what for” and tell them to kindly naff themselves. Of course I will be charming with my accent LOL

May even call them shirt lifter C U Next Tuesdays, as well.

Edited by bunnyman666

25 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

The problem is if I drink on my job, I will give those tosser LO’s the “what for” and tell them to kindly naff themselves. Of course I will be charming with my accent LOL

I work in aviation communications, New York Radio.  We don't call it air traffic control because we don't actually work radar scopes and tell flights what to do in real time the way the FAA, New York Center, does.  Our flights are 90% out over the Atlantic where there is no radar.  Anyway, the station that we share an Atlantic boundary with, Santa Maria(its a Portuguese island) is allowed to have one drink per shift.  That place must be so chill to work.  Granted, they also don't have internet access the way I do so I guess there is a trade off.  1 beer or internet access......

5 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I work in aviation communications, New York Radio.  We don't call it air traffic control because we don't actually work radar scopes and tell flights what to do in real time the way the FAA, New York Center, does.  Our flights are 90% out over the Atlantic where there is no radar.  Anyway, the station that we share an Atlantic boundary with, Santa Maria(its a Portuguese island) is allowed to have one drink per shift.  That place must be so chill to work.  Granted, they also don't have internet access the way I do so I guess there is a trade off.  1 beer or internet access......

I’d take the beer LOL

• Haha 1