Beer

Lucky Pucker

11 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What's the ABV on those bad boys?  I have one more Montauk Brewing Juicy IPA at home that is 6 something, and then 2 Imperial IPAs from Other Half Brewing that are both 10+

The Karma Citra is 6.6%, so not too bad. The can behind was a lager at 4.9% that kinda underwhelmed.

one of the good local breweries here just released this year’s version of a DIPA called Monster Mash that is 8%, and they also have a collaborative DDH DIPA that’s a 9% - but between my kid’s team practice at 4:00, a training clinic for me at 8:00, and then on the ice at 8:00 tomorrow morning for the last coaching certification... doesn’t leave much room for DIPAs this weekend. 😕

13 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Probably because you didn't tie your skates up all the way.

In part, yes - but the lacing in my trapper tends to soak up a lot of water, and by the second half I couldn’t even lift it. That really hurt me too - hence my ramping up the bicep curl training described in this thread.

7 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Pumpkin beer - for people who don’t like beer. Or pumpkin! Lol!

if/when you crack the IPAs, let us know how they are!

I actually don't mind some pumpkin beers.  These specific two that we have are actually really good.  And these two IPAs that I have will most likely be delish 

7 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

In part, yes - but the lacing in my trapper tends to soak up a lot of water, and by the second half I couldn’t even lift it. That really hurt me too - hence my ramping up the bicep curl training described in this thread.

:rofl:

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

10%??

Damn skippy, I have another 10%er in the fridge too 

3 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

That looks like a beaut; Other Half is doing good work. Had their “Hop Showers” a few years back when we went to Albany. So fucking good! Enjoy, brother - but at 10%, no heavy machinery or directing airplanes tonight!

They have a brewery up in Rochester and one down here in Brooklyn.  They make some real good ones.  Oh how I miss Trillium and Tree House though.  And no airplanes for me, I’m off tonight haha. 

15 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

For this brewery, and this style, you probably don’t even taste the alcohol. Some of these are almost like juice; super dangerous for the uninitiated!

this is not your dad’s PBR...

Even worse. It's like a man's Smirnoff Ice.

12 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Damn skippy, I have another 10%er in the fridge too

I don't think I've ever had a 10% beer. I've had plenty of the 7.5% and 8%, but 10% has been outside my wheelhouse.

I'm cautiously intrigued. Knowing my inability to just have one, those are a hand grenade in the wait. :giggle:

On 10/30/2019 at 10:34 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Even worse. It's like a man's Smirnoff Ice.

I don't think I've ever had a 10% beer. I've had plenty of the 7.5% and 8%, but 10% has been outside my wheelhouse.

I'm cautiously intrigued. Knowing my inability to just have one, those are a hand grenade in the wait. :giggle:

No no no, NOTHING like a Smirnoff Ice...yuck.  This tastes like any other fruity NEIPA, just a little more kick.  

20 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

No no no, NOTHING like a Smirnoff Ice...yuck.  This tastes like any other fruity NEIPA, just a little more kick.  

I am thinking “Smirnoff Ice” is some implied insult to one’s manhood as evidenced by that quote hurled regularly as a reply on every post that Ric Flair posts on Instagram. 

52 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Wine coolers?  Me too dude, I love them over the summer.  Reminds me of being somewhere tropical.  I tend to add more rum to them though as they tend to be pretty weak on the ABV haha

Good call, reduces the sheer amount of sugar those are coupled with. I remember being unaffected by those the next morning.

Now I have three and I feel like death. Perhaps it's my pancreas telling me to fuck off with the koolaid.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I don't know man, every once in a while I'll indulge the highschool girl in me and have a few coolers.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Wine coolers?  Me too dude, I love them over the summer.  Reminds me of being somewhere tropical.  I tend to add more rum to them though as they tend to be pretty weak on the ABV haha

In England, you can drink those at 16 legally.