Beer

Lucky Pucker

On 11/20/2019 at 9:35 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

8416A583-DBB3-4F2A-B442-46888312ABC8.jpeg

You filthy bastard...

I have a TIPA in my fridge that I'm waiting to have (another Novice practice tonight, so might have to wait until tomorrow...) It's a collaboration between two of my favourite breweries in the region - Dominion City and Brasserie du Bas Canada, over in Quebec. Had a sample at the former, and straight up told the guy "Fuck, Yeah!"

I'll post it here when I do have it.

On 11/21/2019 at 1:28 PM, MangoRhinehart said:

that looks like a delight.

It had quite a bite actually.  This one was not as smooth as my other Imperial IPA.

On 11/22/2019 at 7:08 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

You filthy bastard...

I have a TIPA in my fridge that I'm waiting to have (another Novice practice tonight, so might have to wait until tomorrow...) It's a collaboration between two of my favourite breweries in the region - Dominion City and Brasserie du Bas Canada, over in Quebec. Had a sample at the former, and straight up told the guy "Fuck, Yeah!"

I'll post it here when I do have it.

Looking forward to it

8 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Supposedly one of the top 5 IPAs in the country.  I’ve had plenty better.  

2611D694-C032-4442-B612-DDCBE67120FC.jpeg

Fuck me - is it really? I had a buddy bring me one from his trip to the US last year. It was better than average, but there's no way I would rank it within the top 5 IPAs in the US. I think Tree House alone has 5 better IPAs than this one. And maybe some of the VT brewers, too (Foam, Hill Farmstead, Frost, Upper Pass).

But maybe I'm somehow biased.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:55 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

It had quite a bite actually.  This one was not as smooth as my other Imperial IPA.

Looking forward to it

Yeah, things have been cray cray at home, so I haven't been able to settle in with the TIPA yet. My kid's birthday this weekend, in-laws coming from out of town, then beating it back to Montreal on Sunday to see my folks... not sure when I will squeeze it in, but I hope to have it soon!

On 11/28/2019 at 7:51 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

Fuck me - is it really? I had a buddy bring me one from his trip to the US last year. It was better than average, but there's no way I would rank it within the top 5 IPAs in the US. I think Tree House alone has 5 better IPAs than this one. And maybe some of the VT brewers, too (Foam, Hill Farmstead, Frost, Upper Pass).

But maybe I'm somehow biased.

Yeah, things have been cray cray at home, so I haven't been able to settle in with the TIPA yet. My kid's birthday this weekend, in-laws coming from out of town, then beating it back to Montreal on Sunday to see my folks... not sure when I will squeeze it in, but I hope to have it soon!

I agree Tree House has some delicious fucking beers.  I miss them so much.  I hope my local bev goes up there again sometime soon.

On 11/28/2019 at 9:37 AM, bunnyman666 said:

Can’t post pix of the bottle of heaven I have.

This update really fucked up the usability of this site.

I took that picture while doing some day drinking with my pops while the update was happening.  I posted after the update, it didn't give me any issues.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:55 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Looking forward to it

FINALLY cracked this TIPA! 

That’ll do, pig. That’ll do.

6685E2FB-BB2B-49C0-9CE7-A849D2E6BDC2.jpeg

Edited by Lucky Pucker
To be able to add a pic. Weird... but works! Cheers, SBR!
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 6:01 PM, motowngoalie said:

Two of my recent conquests. CBS (and KBS) is no longer after this year, so I wanted to see what the hype was all about. Just...meh. Maybe I'm not sophisticated enough to get the appeal. The New Glarus however, was fricking fantastic. 

IMG_20191110_181602325.jpg

IMG_20191027_195313123.jpg

Wow! That’s sad to hear about CBS - but hey, if you don’t like something, then you don’t like it! Why waste your time? 

12 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Just had a tamarind stout from a buddy who has a very small microbrewery. Story goes that there was a project with tamarind in the name, and someone dared him to make a tamarind stout. Came up a tiny bit thin for a stout (toeing the line between porter and stout), but it is really good!

EBF3019C-1E99-431B-BF9C-DD644D6C2751.jpeg

Tamarind is used in Indian cooking, as I cook lots of Indian fare (having Indian ancestry). You can sub in lemon and it’s okay, but there is an unmistakable pungency with tamarind that makes lemon seem thin. 

Can’t say I can feature a beer made of tamarind, but a good brewer can brew beer with damned near anything. 

• Like 1