Beer

Lucky Pucker

On 1/24/2021 at 12:09 PM, RichMan said:

I just placed an order for Athletic Brewing non-alcoholic beer, IPA and Golden Ale. You must of surely seen the ads on Facebook. Hoping they are a good quality.

Beer Sponsorships: Athletic Brewing Company to Sponsor AVP Pro Beach  Volleyball Tour | Beer Marketing

Update: Got the 6 packs Friday. Tried the IPA one tonight. Not so bad. Could be a tad better but I've definitely tasted worse. Went down easy.

Buzz feeling aside that some folks look for (not me at all), I can understand how some alcohol as ingredient (3.2% +) can have a taste benefit on the beer, especially for micro-brews variety qualities.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 10:02 PM, RichMan said:

Update: Got the 6 packs Friday. Tried the IPA one tonight. Not so bad. Could be a tad better but I've definitely tasted worse. Went down easy.

Buzz feeling aside that some folks look for (not me at all), I can understand how some alcohol as ingredient (3.2% +) can have a taste benefit on the beer, especially for micro-brews variety qualities.

Good to know! I was going to put in an order for these two this week. 

On 1/29/2021 at 4:16 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Then it is fucking dumb.  Sorry, I am not going to stop shaving, stop fucking, or stop drinking because some idiot college kid thought it would be funny to get his friends to do it too.

This I can understand.  If you think you have a legit drinking problem and feel you think you need a break then good on you.  If you're doing it because its all of a sudden "cool"(its not) you're just a fucking sheep.  @Lucky Pucker I still love you dude.

I’m older than you (and much older than @coopaloop1234), so I sure as fuck ain’t sheeping behind some kids from college! Lol! In all seriousness, I’ve been feeling shitty lately, and figured I’d do this for health benefits primarily. Also, while there is no direct family link to alcoholism that I’m aware of, I do want to ensure that I can just NOT drink if/when ever I choose - which this far has held true , and has actually been easier than anticipated. I don’t think I’ve ever gone more than a week without a beer over the last 20+ years... that was a source of pride when younger, now... well, it is what it is! Lol!

Love you too, my brother in Long Island - but you’re making Coop jealous. Again. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Coop you know we love you too.  I can never turn down a red head in a skirt.

Don’t underestimate the power of the kilt; it’s such a babe magnet that my wife won’t allow me to wear mine out in public unless she’s with me. Of course, I’m not a ginger... more the traditional “tall dark and handsome” type.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Don’t underestimate the power of the kilt; it’s such a babe magnet that my wife won’t allow me to wear mine out in public unless she’s with me. Of course, I’m not a ginger... more the traditional “tall dark and handsome” type.

Funny my wife/fiancée doesn't want me to wear one in general. 

It has to be because it's such a babe magnet right? 

3 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Dry Feb done! Cracking a DIPA from a farm brewery in Ayr (???) Ontario that I got through my local guys.

this might be the 4 weeks of sobriety talking, but OH MY FAWKING GAWD!!!! It’s so good, I think I can see God!

That looks amazing. I have to try to find some if I can. I've recently had Release The Hounds by BigRig, and that was decent until it got a bit warm.

17 minutes ago, johncho said:

That looks amazing. I have to try to find some if I can. I've recently had Release The Hounds by BigRig, and that was decent until it got a bit warm.

This is a whole other world compared to RTH (a black IPA, IIRC...?) Got this one through Dominion City - but I doubt they have any left now 😕