Beer

Lucky Pucker

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Seeing @SaveByRichter35 is on, which probably means he’s at work, and probably can’t drink, figured I’d post a DIPA I recently had that is a virtual orgasm in a can (pic from the net, since mine is long gone):

E543F0A2-A38E-4208-AB51-2F23300AF7FE.jpeg

BD582AF6-D2F5-4CCF-BE6A-784C480A8378.webp 60.41 kB · 0 downloads

I feel like we should all just save our beer photos until we see @SaveByRichter35 is on.

7 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I feel like we should all just save our beer photos until we see @SaveByRichter35 is on.

Well that’s the thing - he was on for a second to comment on @seagoal’s free twigs that are too long for everyone… thought I had an opening to yank his chain, but he rudely and selfishly signed off before I could buzz him.

2 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Well that’s the thing - he was on for a second to comment on @seagoal’s free twigs that are too long for everyone… thought I had an opening to yank his chain, but he rudely and selfishly signed off before I could buzz him.

Guys only here for the freebies and not the community.

Clearly we need to strip him of his mod powers.

10 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Guys only here for the freebies and not the community.

Clearly we need to strip him of his mod powers.

I’m for it. He’s also been soft on “Outer Roll on inside” pad placement photo offences at times, which is a key issue.

And the Richter fanboy things is sooooo 1994… 

7 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

And the Richter fanboy things is sooooo 1994… 

Pretty sure he still has posters plastered around his house. His kids will point at them and ask "who's that daddy?", to which he'll drunkenly slur something about Richter's emanating masculinity.

6 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

All in favor...?

Time for a mutiny?

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Pretty sure he still has posters plastered around his house. His kids will point at them and ask "who's that daddy?", to which he'll drunkenly slur something about Richter's emanating masculinity.

Time for a mutiny?

Well, at very least blackmail: he can stay if he wears an Islanders jersey - win or lose - for the rest of the playoffs 

4 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Cheers mates.

Spicy turkey sandwhich with salt and vinegar chips and this for lunch.  @ArdeFIN 14 units of insulin for this line-up of deliciousness ;)

Cool logo 

20210604_130823.thumb.jpg.4113002f80fc0efecc743123865b7852.jpg

Feck, man - 8.2% (that’s a big hit for a diabetic) but not considered a DIPA…? Buddy of mine had this one and rated it quite highly.

I’ll have to deduct points for the mason jar though…

Just now, Lucky Pucker said:

Feck, man - 8.2% (that’s a big hit for a diabetic) but not considered a DIPA…? Buddy of mine had this one and rated it quite highly.

I’ll have to deduct points for the mason jar though…

I think it's more about carbs -> sugar than the alcohol.  Beer makes my blood sugar rise, whereas wine does not.  If I have just one, which is common, it's not too bad though.  IPAs cause a rise for sure, but hockey beer typically does not.

Pfft....I accept your deduction.  Mason jars are the best.  A can of beer (with head) fills it perfectly and they're crazy durable.  You should see our glass cabinet.  Mostly various sizes of mason jars and for sure, fancy pants beer glasses, too :)  We take full advantage of the Seattle brewery scene.

4 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Now that you’re an adult, @seagoal, you need to up your glass game, brother. Here’s about half of mine (the half I’m allowed to keep in the kitchen):

image.jpg

Ok..it's on. Hold please.

@Lucky Pucker I'll accept your apology and retraction of my points deduction now.20210604_132328.thumb.jpg.f27445d4bbaceccffdb5c18218612f00.jpg

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I think it's more about carbs -> sugar than the alcohol.  Beer makes my blood sugar rise, whereas wine does not.  If I have just one, which is common, it's not too bad though.  IPAs cause a rise for sure, but hockey beer typically does not.

Interesting… I’m no expert, but my Dad has been Type 2 since the late 1980s. A few years back we had a small scotch together and it really threw him for a loop - whereas beers seem to be fine for him (but again, I’m no expert - and he has a lot of other health issues).

9 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ok..it's on. Hold please.

@Lucky Pucker I'll accept your apology and retraction of my points deduction now.20210604_132328.thumb.jpg.f27445d4bbaceccffdb5c18218612f00.jpg

Oooh - can’t do it. Not only are there mason jars (plural) in this compensatory cupboard capture, but there’s also some sort of graduated Pyrex flask on the left…(?) Did you steal that from a brew pub or high school chemistry class?

• Haha 1

Oooh - can’t do it. Not only are there mason jars (plural) in this compensatory cupboard capture, but there’s also some sort of graduated Pyrex flask on the left…(?) Did you steal that from a brew pub or high school chemistry class?

My partner is a scientist, biological sciences-biotech.  That, I'll have you know, is my in-house wine glass :)

You'll notice a cold sake flask behind it, too.  My partner loves sake and I got HUGE marriage points giving that as a birthday gift this year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, seagoal said:

My partner is a scientist, biological sciences-biotech.  That, I'll have you know, is my in-house wine glass :)

You'll notice a cold sake flask behind it, too.  My partner loves sake and I got HUGE marriage points giving that as a birthday gift this year.

I don’t know sake flasks, but I know a bit about custom goalie gear orders, and it seems to me that your partner is WAY better at gift giving than you  😋

• Haha 1

I don’t know sake flasks, but I know a bit about custom goalie gear orders, and it seems to me that your partner is WAY better at gift giving than you  😋

Ha.  Totally true. 

Biotech makes way more money than coffee importing.

My spouse makes a fair bit more than me too. In 2021, being a “kept man” who likes playing goalie and drinking great beers is totally where it’s at! LOL!

Exactly. I basically spend money on nothing else but food/beer and hockey.....oh, and medical stuff, ha.  So although my interests are narrow, I have exquisite tastes and shoot for the stars.