Beer

Lucky Pucker

Ok, I could have sworn it was about an hour ago, but it’s finally beer o’clock here at LP Manor. Having a super smooth IPA from Blood Brothers in Toronto (see name/description below). The glass is my go to, partly because I love a nonic pint glass, but also because my boss and friend got it for me for covering for him for several weeks while he was recovering from surgery.

image.jpg

FBCCF1E3-CA7D-4C03-853C-9D3462A1A761.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I feel like I'm looking in a mirror here.

Spouse that makes more than me and is a scientist: Check

Spends most of his money on Beer, Hockey, and Food: Check

Living on the West Coast, Best Coast: Check

Aw cheers buddy.

My new gear is red but old gear is blue.  Your new gear is blue but old gear is red.

Mind blown.

Dear Coop a loop a doop,

my new gear is red, my old gear is blue.  I live on the west coast and love beer and am shacked up with a sugarspouse scientist, and so are you.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Aw cheers buddy.

My new gear is red but old gear is blue.  Your new gear is blue but old gear is red.

Mind blown.

Dear Coop a loop a doop,

my new gear is red, my old gear is blue.  I live on the west coast and love beer and am shacked up with a sugarspouse scientist, and so are you.

Who would've guessed a goalie could be a poet eh?

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

Aw cheers buddy.

Mind blown.

Dear Coop a loop a doop,

Not to be overly pedantic, but Coop is not yet married; so while it’s a good ride for now, there is nothing legal or obligatory in her funding of his funning. There’s still hope for that poor girl.

My wife - 20 years together, 2 kids, mortgage and now a dog - is stuck with me and my crazy beer habit and my “39 is a good time to try hockey goalerism, right?” shenanigans. Because, the law.

Just now, Lucky Pucker said:

Not to be overly pedantic, but Coop is not yet married; so while it’s a good ride for now, there is nothing legal or obligatory in her funding of his funning. There’s still hope for that poor girl.

My wife - 20 years together, 2 kids, mortgage and now a dog - is stuck with me and my crazy beer habit and my “39 is a good time to try hockey goalerism, right?” shenanigans. Because, the law.

True, but kudos to him for flipping his cards face up.  What's that saying? : you date a smoker, you marry a smoker.

Edited by seagoal

52 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

A mortgage and a few pets is like a Junior version of what you've got. Shes stuck.

51 minutes ago, seagoal said:

True, but kudos to him for flipping his cards face up.  What's that saying? : you date a smoker, you marry a smoker.

We both were very clear right off the bat of our respective crazy. 100%, would recommend.

You bastards lol.  @Lucky PuckerI was logged on here for like 7 hours while I was working yesterday.  I caught the free stick thread just as I was breaking everything down to leave.  You should've started drinking earlier lol.

@seagoal Elysian makes good beer.  I haven't had that specific one yet but I would definitely give it a try if I came upon it.  They're local to the Seattle area IIRC.

@coopaloop1234 fuck off.  Thanks to my wife, I do not have all my Richter stuff plastered all over the house.  Its all sitting in boxes in my hockey room lol.  Although, I do have this one little tabletop cut out thing in my son's room on his dresser that he used to always ask if it was me lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/4/2021 at 11:09 PM, seagoal said:

Cheers mates.

Spicy turkey sandwhich with salt and vinegar chips and this for lunch.  @ArdeFIN 14 units of insulin for this line-up of deliciousness ;)

Cool logo 

Meaning 140g of nice and energetic carbonhydrates? 😋

Just checking that we use the same type of insulin injections. 100IU or something else.

I haven't been into beer more than one or two and haven't noticed any huge blood sugar changes. But then again, I have a beer within meals so there's a lot more to rise the sugar levels...

19 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

You bastards lol.  @Lucky PuckerI was logged on here for like 7 hours while I was working yesterday.  I caught the free stick thread just as I was breaking everything down to leave.  You should've started drinking earlier lol.

@seagoal Elysian makes good beer.  I haven't had that specific one yet but I would definitely give it a try if I came upon it.  They're local to the Seattle area IIRC.

@coopaloop1234 fuck off.  Thanks to my wife, I do not have all my Richter stuff plastered all over the house.  Its all sitting in boxes in my hockey room lol.  Although, I do have this one little tabletop cut out thing in my son's room on his dresser that he used to always ask if it was me lol.

So of course you told him that there was this guy who impersonated you, copied your gear and mask and everything, right? I mean telling him the truth - that you still fawn over a so-so goalie from the last century would be bad parenting 😋

19 hours ago, seagoal said:

@Lucky Pucker

Here's my redemption.

Now that's good head. Cheers to you and Le Price du Carey .

Do I get bonus points for the maple tree in the background?

20210607_181946.jpg

Beautiful! Just perfect. I’m sure it was fantastic.

Jesus Fucking Price… it’s like bizarro playoffs. I was sure we’d go down in 4-5 games… what a ride! LOL!

17 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Beautiful! Just perfect. I’m sure it was fantastic.

Jesus Fucking Price… it’s like bizarro playoffs. I was sure we’d go down in 4-5 games… what a ride! LOL!

Just wait till we're executed by Vegas.

How embarrassing would it be to be an Edmonton fan then eh? The team that swept the team that swept you, gets swept.

Pretty sure that makes them Canucks level of bad.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Just wait till we're executed by Vegas.

How embarrassing would it be to be an Edmonton fan then eh? The team that swept the team that swept you, gets swept.

Pretty sure that makes them Canucks level of bad.

Yeah, I’d MUCH rather lose to Colorado than Bettman’s  feckin prize baby Vegas. 

Edited by Lucky Pucker

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

tenor.gif.614e24faa7931a092e7f40c4a7095d73.gif

Yeah, yeah - there’s a pretty direct link between this beer’s name and Disney/Hollywood’s view of that exotic and curious sport of ice hockey. We actually watched the re-vamp series… it’s also annoyingly missing the mark, but kids like it and it was (arguably) a nice loophole for getting to watch hockey in a time before the playoffs.

This summery Saturday has been just fantastic; all the hallmarks of pre-pandemic  contentment-inducing normalcy. Went for a classic golden ale just now called Town and Country while the kids play in the sprinkler. Spoke to Josh, one of the owner/brewers at Dominion City a few years back and he told me this was the beer he was most proud of - despite some unbelievable IPAs and decadent Imperial stouts. Back then, it seemed odd to me, but now it get it. There is something complex and compelling about doing classic simplicity excellently.
Soon I’ll fire up the BBQ to grill the homemade burgers my wife has mastered. Life can sometimes be pretty good.

0641845C-958B-4D9D-B321-E5BEFEBA5FB9.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

This summery Saturday has been just fantastic; all the hallmarks of pre-pandemic  contentment-inducing normalcy. Went for a classic golden ale just now called Town and Country while the kids play in the sprinkler. Spoke to Josh, one of the owner/brewers at Dominion City a few years back and he told me this was the beer he was most proud of - despite some unbelievable IPAs and decadent Imperial stouts. Back then, it seemed odd to me, but now it get it. There is something complex and compelling about doing classic simplicity excellently.
Soon I’ll fire up the BBQ to grill the homemade burgers my wife has mastered. Life can sometimes be pretty good.

0641845C-958B-4D9D-B321-E5BEFEBA5FB9.jpeg

Nice patio.  We're getting ours done soon...hopefully.  We're right around the projected time frame we were quoted when we signed some 5 weeks back.  Back patio, front stoop, and driveway.  Can't fucking wait.  Going to make a mess of my lawn though 😭

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Nice patio.  We're getting ours done soon...hopefully.  We're right around the projected time frame we were quoted when we signed some 5 weeks back.  Back patio, front stoop, and driveway.  Can't fucking wait.  Going to make a mess of my lawn though 😭

Thanks for noticing! We had it done in May - buddy of mine actually. We’re doing the front next year though to break up the cost. 

• 1 month later...

@Lucky Pucker I know it's late where you are but cheers mate. It's a Guinness night for me in chilly Seattle after playing my early hockey game tonight.  I went to a pub after the game, which I can't normally do, and inhaled a reuben and an IPA, came home, loved on my dogs, turned on a podacast, and poured (2) Guinness pints.  Good times man.

I wanted to show you the cascade dropping but I spilled it a bit on my way off the counter....my dog loves beer, so all good, ha. 

Anyway, cheers bro. 

20210806_212658.jpg

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, seagoal said:

@Lucky Pucker I know it's late where you are but cheers mate. It's a Guinness night for me in chilly Seattle after playing my early hockey game tonight.  I went to a pub after the game, which I can't normally do, and inhaled a reuben and an IPA, came home, loved on my dogs, turned on a podacast, and poured (2) Guinness pints.  Good times man.

I wanted to show you the cascade dropping but I spilled it a bit on my way off the counter....my dog loves beer, so all good, ha. 

Anyway, cheers bro. 

20210806_212658.jpg

That cascade is elusive as fuck; it’s like trying to snap a picture of a vampire! But having seen the majesty many a time, I can imagine it!