True 1 Piece Skates Review

Urabus33

1 minute ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Stock cowlings.

Image result for graf g4500 goalie skates

The black ones are the ones that have bent. 

Oh wow. I though most Graf were screwed on. I just did an Overdrive install on a pair of Graf, and they had screws.

Get those black rivets replaced and see if you couldn’t get a pair of coppers up front. Yes- the cowl flexes a bit and sometimes flex at the point of attachment on the cowl. The cowl absorbs energy. 

@Urabus33 @MikeyO @Teezle Any of you guys buy a second set of Step steel  yet? Let me know if you have any suggestions on how to replace steel yourself. I have the socket tool they give you with the skates to get the nut unscrewed, but for some reason I can't figure out a good way to slide the steel out of the holder. It wasn't even budging when I tried to do it myself the other night.

@Tim_TRUEHockey Tim, do you have a resource at True that might be able to answer this? The steel won't even budge when trying to remove it from the holder. There must be a trick to taking them out. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

@Urabus33 @MikeyO @Teezle Any of you guys buy a second set of Step steel  yet? Let me know if you have any suggestions on how to replace steel yourself. I have the socket tool they give you with the skates to get the nut unscrewed, but for some reason I can't figure out a good way to slide the steel out of the holder. It wasn't even budging when I tried to do it myself the other night.

@Tim_TRUEHockey Tim, do you have a resource at True that might be able to answer this? The steel won't even budge when trying to remove it from the holder. There must be a trick to taking them out. Thanks.

Rubber mallet. Coupe taps on the heel of the steel. Same as the video on their YouTube channel. 

for what it’s worth, I have moved on the the two piece and am extremely happy with them as well. May review them as well at some point. 

AEB7A17D-CE06-40CC-979C-68DC6E0BBDF4.jpeg

@dstew29 I haven’t bought any extra steel, but I was easily able to pop out and back in the runner that came with the 2-piece skates. I used the tool provided to unscrew the nut, and then just tapped it out with a rubber mallet - then the reverse to put it back in.

15 hours ago, Urabus33 said:

Rubber mallet. Coupe taps on the heel of the steel. Same as the video on their YouTube channel. 

for what it’s worth, I have moved on the the two piece and am extremely happy with them as well. May review them as well at some point. 

AEB7A17D-CE06-40CC-979C-68DC6E0BBDF4.jpeg

14 hours ago, Teezle said:

@dstew29 I haven’t bought any extra steel, but I was easily able to pop out and back in the runner that came with the 2-piece skates. I used the tool provided to unscrew the nut, and then just tapped it out with a rubber mallet - then the reverse to put it back in.

thanks!! I figured there was an easy method. They should have a True Temper rubber mallet add on😂 

@bunnyman666 my problem may have just been solved. A box arrived at our house 5 days ago and I was told I couldn't open it because it's my birthday present. Lucky for me, the box was slightly damaged during shipping and there's a small hole which I made a little bigger. Inside was a pair of One100 cowlings with a boot attached to them. After some quick searching (I won't go into detail on the process) I'm 90% certain that I found the pair of skates inside my box.

IMG_E0753.JPG.bcbe12e516c5c52ee92abaf3fbf7ae38.JPG

I really hope I'm right.

4 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

@bunnyman666 my problem may have just been solved. A box arrived at our house today and I was told I couldn't open it because it's my birthday present. Lucky for me, the box was slightly damaged during shipping and there's a small hole which I made a little bigger. Inside was a pair of One100 cowlings with a boot attached to them. After some quick searching (I won't go into detail on the process) I'm 90% certain that I found the pair of skates inside my box.

IMG_E0753.JPG.bcbe12e516c5c52ee92abaf3fbf7ae38.JPG

I really hope I'm right.

Good onya!!!!

Can’t wait ‘til you can out the skates!

• 7 months later...

So I just got a one piece true goal skate.  I have tried to use them twice now to no avail.  I keep having to switch back to my old skates in warm ups because I feel like I am going to break an ankle.  I can barely pivot, I don’t know if this is too much or too little bite.  I got them sharpened at 3/4 because that’s what I got in my Bauer reactors 7000s.  I never profiled my old skates, could this help? If anyone has any recommendations on a sharpening or profile it be greatly appreciated 

I’ve been happy with 20/32 dual radius, 11/16 hollow. Maybe try 7/8 hollow and work back down from there? Sounds like you like your runners on flatter side so go flatter next time.

i went from 1/2” hollow w cowling to 11/16” w True 1 piece if that helps

Archived