Uber for Goalies

TheGoalNet

• 10 months later...

There are goalies around here that some nights just hang out at a rink with their gear and ask people as they come in if they need a goalie.  Works best at multi-pad facilities obviously.  But I hear they ask for $20.  Do that a few times a night, a few nights a week, you could make some decent extra money.  I am however, not nearly good enough.  With my luck I'd be asked to play div 2 or something and get shelled and run out of town.

16 minutes ago, Hockey School Dropout said:

There are goalies around here that some nights just hang out at a rink with their gear and ask people as they come in if they need a goalie.  Works best at multi-pad facilities obviously.  But I hear they ask for $20.  Do that a few times a night, a few nights a week, you could make some decent extra money.  I am however, not nearly good enough.  With my luck I'd be asked to play div 2 or something and get shelled and run out of town.

But then you can be like me: paid to stay away from a skate 😂

19 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Despite having three different goalie apps I finally got my first paid gig on Monday.

I'm now, by technical definition, a professional goalie.

Managed to get a picture of Coop’s “pay” for this gig. Some Canadian Tire money, and a coupon for a Tim Horton’s breakfast sandwich, apparently.

#proGoalie

😁

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We use a Facebook group for local Shinny Hockey with about 500 people and have a pool of about 30 goalies it seems.  It's worked pretty good since 2013,  anyone can post when they are in need of a goalie and it's usually filled unless there is not enough notice.  Few of us have each others numbers too as we want to try and guarantee quality replacement.

Archived