JRZ gear

daffy

37 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I dig it. It takes a lot of cojones to go the ugly for ugly sakes design route.

Making a stamp on the goalie market.

I played around with the customizer.

What's crazy is, all the individual rectangles have their own color zone.

I almost think we should do a group buy for one set of the most bizarre color buildout we can collectively imagine.

Full custom graphics start at $290 CAD up to $450

image.png.d15667b005490902e9cfc007d4b4a351.png

Just now, Chenner29 said:

I almost think we should do a group buy for one set of the craziest color buildout we can imagine.

I was playing around with that as well. It is neat that they offer very specified colour zones, too bad even with some honest trying, I felt like I couldn't get the graphic to work.

Compared that to this atrocity that at least flows well enough together.

Untitled.png.0f8c665440b6c11dd8490fd38f3e68f7.png

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I was playing around with that as well. It is neat that they offer very specified colour zones, too bad even with some honest trying, I felt like I couldn't get the graphic to work.

Compared that to this atrocity that at least flows well enough together.

Untitled.png.0f8c665440b6c11dd8490fd38f3e68f7.png

If you look at the left pad (on our right), it kind of looks like a bastardized version of the Canadiens logo

Feature-wise, the design and build quality of the pads looks really good.  I would be nervous about ordering a set, as JRZ was never able to do a comfortable enough glove for my taste.

Which brings me to another question I've always had - when they were contracted by Bauer, did Bauer do the designs or did they let JRZ handle everything?

As I play with the customizer I'm able to come up with some really good looking designs.  Yes, the stock graphic CAN be made into a truly ugly pad if you're not careful.  On the other hand, with a bit of work some people are going to come up with absolutely gorgeous pads with this one. 

15 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

I almost think we should do a group buy for one set of the most bizarre color buildout we can collectively imagine.

That full custom graphic pricing is up around... Bauer True Design (~$500.) I'll bet it doesn't get backlash though. Funny how that works.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

That full custom graphic pricing is up around... Bauer True Design (~$500.) I'll bet it doesn't get backlash though. Funny how that works.

It's also cut and sew instead of printing like Bauer (not sure which one is more expensive), but the base price is very different: JRZ full set is $2150 CAD and Bauer pads alone are $2000 CAD with the full set being $3070 CAD according to Hockey Monkey Canada. Obviously they use different technologies and big companies like Bauer are going to charge more because of all the ancillary stuff (advertising, sponsorships, R&D, warranty, etc.) but the JRZ gear appears to be a very good deal nonetheless.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:35 AM, cwarnar said:

Better look at that toe strapping.  It looks like the velcro closure is at the back of the skate vs the top

Screenshot_20190515-073249.thumb.png.d23f4b88194208cd7c5f622c62bd9fbc.png

Has anyone tried this Velcro strapping behind the holder rather than over top of the boot?

I have Pro laces, and loved the idea of having my lil squirts' names showing, but when I tried this in the dressing room, it felt funny. I chickened out and changed it before even stepping out of the room.

1 hour ago, TitanG said:

It's also cut and sew instead of printing like Bauer (not sure which one is more expensive), but the base price is very different: JRZ full set is $2150 CAD and Bauer pads alone are $2000 CAD with the full set being $3070 CAD according to Hockey Monkey Canada. Obviously they use different technologies and big companies like Bauer are going to charge more because of all the ancillary stuff (advertising, sponsorships, R&D, warranty, etc.) but the JRZ gear appears to be a very good deal nonetheless.

Yeah... base price point is very different. I was just poking the bear as Bauer's True Design pricing has bean called ridiculous and outrageous. 

👉🐻

On 5/15/2019 at 9:35 AM, cwarnar said:

Better look at that toe strapping.  It looks like the velcro closure is at the back of the skate vs the top

Screenshot_20190515-073249.thumb.png.d23f4b88194208cd7c5f622c62bd9fbc.png

I think that was just a personal move by that goalie.  These look like any other bungee toe tie system out there now.  I've been looking into these quite a bit over the last couple days and they appear to be very Optik like in design

to be honest I'm kinda disappointed in the design. looking at the outside of pad, I thought the pad was going to have a more geometric design. The large curl disrupts the flow of the three large blocks going through the pad. tho with a little one100/total one inspiration and using most of the same polylines i made a geometric mock of a design.
jrz1.thumb.jpg.968b1816df8b1c7691440922d6e2ac0f.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks the strapping is similar to the vapors tune fit strapping?

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

My Fusion leg pads will be here Tuesday! i know this threads pretty ded but ill let you guys how it turns out, their customer service was AWESOME from making sure I picked the right customization options to giving me different graphic options based on a rough mock up of what I gave them. Very happy with that and that's really important to a small business like this. Will keep you guys posted on the set!

PADS.png

Edited by Smeds35
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Smeds35 said:

My Fusion leg pads will be here Tuesday! i know this threads pretty ded but ill let you guys how it turns out, their customer service was AWESOME from making sure I picked the right customization options to giving me different graphic options based on a rough mock up of what I gave them. Very happy with that and that's really important to a small business like this. Will keep you guys posted on the set!

PADS.png

Insane man !! I receive mine last week you going to love them 

On 5/30/2020 at 12:33 AM, Smeds35 said:

PADS.png

wow love it !

• Like 1

THEYRE HERE! Wow these are really well done! SOOO light Id say these are pretty close to Optik1 clones?

Specs-

Graphic: Custom (I did get weave on the sliding surface and the toe bindings)

Core: Softer flex(Still pretty stiff)
Size:34+2

Leg channel: Stock

Strapping: All Velcro or M.A.S.

Boot Strap: Standard nylon boot(STOCK) 

Toe tie: Hip saver/Bungie system

Pic 2- Old vs new

image1.jpeg

image1-1.jpeg

Edited by Smeds35