Hockey Chat Thread

SaveByRichter35

First Ice in almost exactly 7 months coming up on Monday. I've been sitting here at work messaging all of my old teams, teams I've subbed for, and hockey acquaintances just to keep me in mind for any subbing opportunities.

I'm going to be the biggest rink whore this summer.

excited-baby.gif.cee6327dc4ece26acb0f12092f847f31.gif

Edited by coopaloop1234

Got a 12hr game coming up this sunday (the 20th). Playing for Alzheimer's awareness and donation's. People sign up and they can play for as much/little of the 9am to 9pm game as they want. Should be a lot of fun for a good cause. Should also be the longest hockey game ever played in the south (Alabama). Score will be kept with accurate stats of who scored and assisted.

11 minutes ago, loki1416 said:

Got a 12hr game coming up this sunday (the 20th). Playing for Alzheimer's awareness and donation's. People sign up and they can play for as much/little of the 9am to 9pm game as they want. Should be a lot of fun for a good cause. Should also be the longest hockey game ever played in the south (Alabama). Score will be kept with accurate stats of who scored and assisted.

Damn, how long do you plan to play?  Good for you for chipping in. We had something similar here a while back, it was 24 hours long and had several time-block shifts.  I did not participate.

@seagoal I plan on doing about 4-5hrs total as a player. Even got my parents to donate $2.00 for every assist I get (I'm not a shooter, average about 2 shots a game). If they need a goalie, will be some more time added on. All depends on the breaks that I get.

I think that 24hr game was featured on NHL network. Pretty sure that's where the guy putting this on got the idea. Anyhow, I read about it and watched some things on it. Was really cool, so looking forward to playing in something like this.

• Like 1

Damn.

My new gear arrived in the area on Sunday.  It was being held at a regional sorting facility about 35 miles south of the city before leaving for the sorting facility in the city.  No progress all day Monday, as the original delivery day was today, Tuesday.

No progress all day today .  I am playing pick-up tonight so really want this stuff.  I call them and ask if I can pick it up right now, declined. They said it was en route to the city and once there, they'd call me so I could pick it up there.  No call.  I call back, it is now "misplaced" and the status overall is Pending. 

Ugh. 

Very excited to hopefully get my hyperlite chest tomorrow just in time for camp next week. The padding in my shield 2 is just about worn out now. Also very excited to see that @TheGoalNet had a good experience with his speedskin EF5s. I’ve gotten a lot of flack from the other goalie guys at the store for ordering a speedskin sliding surface and I too have given speedskin some shit in the past but I’m willing to put that behind in favor of my potentially new favorite pad

On 6/15/2021 at 9:42 PM, seagoal said:

Damn.

My new gear arrived in the area on Sunday.  It was being held at a regional sorting facility about 35 miles south of the city before leaving for the sorting facility in the city.  No progress all day Monday, as the original delivery day was today, Tuesday.

No progress all day today .  I am playing pick-up tonight so really want this stuff.  I call them and ask if I can pick it up right now, declined. They said it was en route to the city and once there, they'd call me so I could pick it up there.  No call.  I call back, it is now "misplaced" and the status overall is Pending. 

Ugh. 

GTFOH!!!!  Has there been any updates since Tuesday?

22 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Oh, did I say just three games? Up to 6 in the next two weeks. Man I'm absolutely buzzing with excitement.

Get me back out there.

Man I'm jealous... Ontario is still basically shut down (just opened stores and patios back up). It's pretty ridiculous. On the plus side, I've basically bought all new gear during this pandemic lol. Lots to get used to whenever i can actually get back out on the ice.

Edited by holdUP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

GTFOH!!!!  Has there been any updates since Tuesday?

yep, they found it.  They had to get their Trace Team, which I guess is their investigation into lost packages, and they found it at a nearby facility it was not supposed to go to. 

Yesterday I had another real game with my 2nd team and was hoping to get the gear yesterday.  FedEx told me after they found it that the new delivery will be today, Thursday. I told them "False, this was your mistake, please fix it.  I'd like to request an urgent courier delivery today, please."  They submitted the request but I heard nothing.

Just checked and it's Out for Delivery.  So pics....real soon. Now, if Vaughn screwed anything up my head will explode and it's been fun knowing you guys.  I do have a local tournament this weekend so I have 4 games coming up :)

22 minutes ago, seagoal said:

yep, they found it.  They had to get their Trace Team, which I guess is their investigation into lost packages, and they found it at a nearby facility it was not supposed to go to. 

Yesterday I had another real game with my 2nd team and was hoping to get the gear yesterday.  FedEx told me after they found it that the new delivery will be today, Thursday. I told them "False, this was your mistake, please fix it.  I'd like to request an urgent courier delivery today, please."  They submitted the request but I heard nothing.

Just checked and it's Out for Delivery.  So pics....real soon. Now, if Vaughn screwed anything up my head will explode and it's been fun knowing you guys.  I do have a local tournament this weekend so I have 4 games coming up :)

That is both unfortunate and unsettling at the same time.  With the technology there is today for scanning/sorting/shipping there is no reason for this to happen other than human laziness/incompetence.  

Glad to hear you should have it today though.

5 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

That is both unfortunate and unsettling at the same time.  With the technology there is today for scanning/sorting/shipping there is no reason for this to happen other than human laziness/incompetence.  

Glad to hear you should have it today though.

You'd be stunned how often this happens.   Given the increase in volume it's not surprising but we deal with 2-3 per week minimum at my job. 

16 minutes ago, seagoal said:

@SaveByRichter35 you tape them twig(z) yet? When do you play next?

Not taped yet, I'll get it done this weekend.  I had a game last night with my Warrior team but I use a different colored stick for that team.  I have a playoff game for my beer league team Tuesday night, I'll use it then.  Looking forward to it.  Thank you again!

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Not taped yet, I'll get it done this weekend.  I had a game last night with my Warrior team but I use a different colored stick for that team.  I have a playoff game for my beer league team Tuesday night, I'll use it then.  Looking forward to it.  Thank you again!

how'd the game go?

12 minutes ago, seagoal said:

atta boy Coop.  Pedal to the metal.  Drink your water and stretch after and drink no beer and eat healthy foods and you will be just. fine.

:)

I think @coopaloop1234 is more of a “pedal to meddle” type. 
As for the “drink no beer,” I think that constitutes grounds for dismissal from the group. Turn in your new custom set before leaving.

• Like 1