Jump to content

Hockey Chat Thread


SaveByRichter35
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 7:58 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Just found out we're going to be traveling down to Philadelphia again to play the Flyers Warriors Tier 1 team at the Wells Fargo Center on the NHL ice at the end of the month.  

If I go. Nothing but boos. Maybe a few D cells. If it were snowing... snowballs for sure would be landing in the crease.

I'll be there once I catch the subway..

Flyers Fan GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Maybe next train.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2021 at 11:03 AM, MTH said:

If I go. Nothing but boos. Maybe a few D cells. If it were snowing... snowballs for sure would be landing in the crease.

I'll be there once I catch the subway..

Flyers Fan GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Maybe next train.

Unfortunately it was already cancelled.  Too many of our guys couldn't make it.  Sucks, I was really looking forward to this game.  Maybe next time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, insertnamehere said:

Had my first actual officiated hockey game in 20 months today on short notice with the Puck rent a goalie app. Picked up a 5-1 win, had to kill off a full 2 minute 5 on 3 in the first 10 minutes of the game and then it was pretty smooth sailing!

Nice job man!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

So how's your guys' season going?

For some context, this is div 6 out of 21 in the 18+ league.

This league also has:

- (4) Weekend Only Divs
- (15) 30+ Divs
- (2) 40+ Divs
- (7) Women Only Divs
- (1) 50+ Div
- (1) 60+ Div

Untitled2.thumb.png.c017580b3b12c85e1ef7c0ed146bf121.png

Untitled.thumb.png.49a4ffefd453ee0df12ee9b0e11ba112.png

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So how's your guys' season going?

For some context, this is div 6 out of 21 in the 18+ league.

This league also has:

- (4) Weekend Only Divs
- (15) 30+ Divs
- (2) 40+ Divs
- (7) Women Only Divs
- (1) 50+ Div
- (1) 60+ Div

Untitled2.thumb.png.c017580b3b12c85e1ef7c0ed146bf121.png

Untitled.thumb.png.49a4ffefd453ee0df12ee9b0e11ba112.png

Solid, my Scottish brother! I think I finished my last season around 3.50 for GAA… 2.04 would be amaze-ballz for me! They don’t track shots for us; is it semi-reliable in terms of save percentage for your league?

Had my first pre-season game last night/this morning (11:15 start), got the W in a 3-2 final. Felt good, not at fault for the two goals against.

huh! Come to think of it, I now have a better GAA than you do! Lol!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Solid, my Scottish brother! I think I finished my last season around 3.50 for GAA… 2.04 would be amaze-ballz for me! They don’t track shots for us; is it semi-reliable in terms of save percentage for your league?

Had my first pre-season game last night/this morning (11:15 start), got the W in a 3-2 final. Felt good, not at fault for the two goals against.

huh! Come to think of it, I now have a better GAA than you do! Lol!

 

My stats are generally all over the place. With how team compositions change, an assortment of division I play in, and hell, even getting more than 10 guys to even show up throws my stats all over the place.

I just wanted to brag because not only am I playing some of my best hockey so far, but the team I play with is fantastic. Defense core is generally solid and clear a lot of those would be goals that come on a third shot attempt. You know, their jobs lol.

Offense isn't exactly lighting it up, but they're starting to find their own in terms of chemistry. The defense have all played together for a few years, forwards are mostly all new guys.

And that start time. Ouch. I know when I was in my first year I played for this "Midnight Hockey League". All the games were 11 or 1130 at night on Friday nights.

I could never imagine doing those again. I get fussy about any starts 9:30 or later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

My stats are generally all over the place. With how team compositions change, an assortment of division I play in, and hell, even getting more than 10 guys to even show up throws my stats all over the place.

I just wanted to brag because not only am I playing some of my best hockey so far, but the team I play with is fantastic. Defense core is generally solid and clear a lot of those would be goals that come on a third shot attempt. You know, their jobs lol.

Offense isn't exactly lighting it up, but they're starting to find their own in terms of chemistry. The defense have all played together for a few years, forwards are mostly all new guys.

And that start time. Ouch. I know when I was in my first year I played for this "Midnight Hockey League". All the games were 11 or 1130 at night on Friday nights.

I could never imagine doing those again. I get fussy about any starts 9:30 or later.

Ha - yeah, we actually had 9-10 guys last night, and while I love my D, the goals were both on them (first goal one missed his mark at the side, second was a “third whack” kinda thing.) But it wasn’t really in a way that I minded too much (though I did think I was on my way to my first ever shut out, more than half way through without a goal. Soon… I hope!)

I’m the kid on my team, with everyone else in their 50s, so nobody likes the late start. We’re only supposed to have 1 or 2 a season, but they’ve had to absorb teams from other leagues that played at rinks that closed during the pandemic. Schedules are all over the place already… but I waited >30 years to get to do this, so a few hours later from time to time is manageable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Ha - yeah, we actually had 9-10 guys last night, and while I love my D, the goals were both on them

You're fitting in well with the veteran goalies now

Quote

I did think I was on my way to my first ever shut out, more than half way through without a goal.

Classic trap. Never fall for the fake sense of security.

Quote

I’m the kid on my team, with everyone else in their 50s

Man, I think my teams old when I'm the baby on the team lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You're fitting in well with the veteran goalies now

Thanks, bruh. I knew about “look good/feel good/play good” thing… but “talk good (smack about your D)” is a recent revelation for me.

16 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Classic trap. Never fall for the fake sense of security.

Yeah, it wouldn’t have felt deserved anyway; I’ve had more and better saves in other games. But man do I want to get one…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I've had a bit of a lack of hockey in my area over the last month due to covid restrictions on being fully vaccinated and living in a piss poor uptake area, so I've been picking up a game here and there on the Puck app about an hour away in the city. Managed to get a 4-2 win tonight in a division 1 game. 

image.png.41fc05f2588d0c9812151db5a3b76583.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally got myself a weekly skate. Local over 40 league needed a goalie so I'm in for the season. 9:15 every Wednesday night so pretty good for my schedule.

It's definitely low stakes and slower than I'm used to, but I'll take what I can get for now while I re-establish a routine.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...