Hockey Chat Thread

SaveByRichter35

9 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I can’t even decide who’d be better for us: Tampa, cus they may succumb to the “ho-hum, well we won this last year, so let’s not I’ll ourselves over a repeat bid” or the Islanders because… well, they’re the Islanders.
Fun fact- we beat the Islanders 4-1 in the Wales Conference finals in 93 on our way to our last cup! Of course we just won the Campbell trophy last night, so who knows…

I think Tampa will be a better match up as we've seen how well the Habs play against offense loaded teams that like to run and gun. Islander play such a similar game that who knows how each team will react. 

Having said that, I'm still pulling for NYI. I've been pulling for this Final match up all playoffs long.

Plus SBR will be mildly upset and that is lol worthy.

4 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Happy heat wave Coop @coopaloop123420210625_123615.thumb.jpg.36e1572a2799f80ceb81317b43bbb8d5.jpg

What, no Kraken t-shirt?

And can't wait. Gonna hook up the A/C to my downstairs and hang with the animals.

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

What, no Kraken t-shirt?

And can't wait. Gonna hook up the A/C to my downstairs and hang with the animals.

I just happen to be wearing this shirt today.  Super fun time up there with the Red Wings in town.  My buddy is from Michigan and got 2 tickets for his birthday and he invited me.  Good times.  I do love Vancouver.   So beautiful and fun, plus I am a sushi fanatic so there's that.   I have....only 2 Kraken shirts :)

My dogs are currently quite unhappy with this weather.

16 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I just happen to be wearing this shirt today.  Super fun time up there with the Red Wings in town.  My buddy is from Michigan and got 2 tickets for his birthday and he invited me.  Good times.  I do love Vancouver.   So beautiful and fun, plus I am a sushi fanatic so there's that.   I have....only 2 Kraken shirts :)

One thing that Vancouver does well is the food scene.

Stay cool man.

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Wait a second - the Wings are in Seattle? Seriously??? Cool!!! After the Habs, they’re my second fav team!!  Why are they there anyway? Is Yzerman there with them? I have a hetero man crush on him - lol!

1 minute ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Wait a second - the Wings are in Seattle? Seriously??? Cool!!! After the Habs, they’re my second fav team!!  Why are they there anyway? Is Yzerman there with them? I have a hetero man crush on him - lol!

Ha, no.  The Wings were at Canucks, pre-covid season.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I am an official member of the Kraken Hockey League.  They just recently completed our registration/website transition from our old league to the new league that will start in September.  Pretty neat getting the registration completed and seeing how the website came together.  Pretty exciting stuff.

Also, I have a new, white Sportmask en route to me this week to give to my teammate who is a graphic designer, commercial graphics, airbrush artist.  I'm pretty excited to see what he comes up with for a new paintjob to match our team. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, seagoal said:

P.S. @coopaloop1234 have you put your hands in Hyperlite mitts yet?  They feel so silky smooth, kinda like fancy underwear.   Whatever material that is, it feels unlike any other gloves I've tried.

I have not touched any gear but my own in a year or so. I've had no reason to head down to the hockey shop during covid.

Maybe I should make an excuse to head down. I haven't touched Axis, Ultrasonic, Hyperlite, or G5. I'm way behind.

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I have not touched any gear but my own in a year or so. I've had no reason to head down to the hockey shop during covid.

Maybe I should make an excuse to head down. I haven't touched Axis, Ultrasonic, Hyperlite, or G5. I'm way behind.

Damn, wow you are behind.  I've recently fully caught up on handling new gear.  Bauer Hyperlite is the most unreal, un-goalie gear feeling for my money.

8 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Damn, wow you are behind.  I've recently fully caught up on handling new gear.  Bauer Hyperlite is the most unreal, un-goalie gear feeling for my money.

That seems to be the general consensus about the gear and the excitement around it definitely has me intrigued. 

It's really too bad I'm so in love with the lack of a wrist strap on Warrior gloves. Since switching over I can't stand having one. I'm sure I could deal, but my preference lays heavily towards using a Warrior catcher.

Blocker I could switch up easily enough.

Man, I saw this nasty, wicked, really heavy slap shot from the center red line last night in my game.  It was going well wide to my right but it was bending and warbling back to center and potentially on goal, so I had to take it. It was chest height and it was moving so fast and curving like a frisbee I couldn't get set right to safely play it with my blocker or square in the chest, so I had to turn towards the boards a bit and I brought my hands up to cradle it...it tagged me right on the blocker finger tips and it stung like a bitch.  I have 3 sore fingertips today.

I have never seen a puck fly like that before with such a wicked bend like a soccer ball or frisbee, kinda like this pattern   ). 

5 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I have never seen a puck fly like that before with such a wicked bend like a soccer ball or frisbee, kinda like this pattern   ). 

Sometimes pucks just turn into hockey balls out of nowhere.

There was one time a guy teed up a slap shot from the boards at the blue line. Wasn't a super hard shot and I had zero traffic or outside pressure.

Puck rose up in a pretty predictable fashion and when it got to 3' above the ice, fucking nose dived down to almost ice level. It decided to dive down about 2' out from where I was. So here I am standing straight up, ready to save a pretty easy shot, next thing you know the puck is in the net and I'm left there looking absolutely awful.

That still gives me nightmares.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

There was one time a guy teed up a slap shot from the boards at the blue line. Wasn't a super hard shot and I had zero traffic or outside pressure.

Puck rose up in a pretty predictable fashion and when it got to 3' above the ice, fucking nose dived down to almost ice level. It decided to dive down about 2' out from where I was. So here I am standing straight up, ready to save a pretty easy shot, next thing you know the puck is in the net and I'm left there looking absolutely awful.

ah yeah, the dippers.   I feel like dippers are more likely and common than benders.

28 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Man, I saw this nasty, wicked, really heavy slap shot from the center red line last night in my game.  It was going well wide to my right but it was bending and warbling back to center and potentially on goal, so I had to take it. It was chest height and it was moving so fast and curving like a frisbee I couldn't get set right to safely play it with my blocker or square in the chest, so I had to turn towards the boards a bit and I brought my hands up to cradle it...it tagged me right on the blocker finger tips and it stung like a bitch.  I have 3 sore fingertips today.

13 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Definitely. One of (the many) reasons I don't play ball hockey is because of the inconsistent trajectory of those balls. 

**cues up some old video of late 90s Pro Beach Hockey**

5 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

**cues up some old video of late 90s Pro Beach Hockey**

ugh, with the LA Kings commentator guy.  I can not stand that guy, he's so obnoxious.  I used to watch PBH though back when I was a teenager playing junior roller hockey.

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

ugh, with the LA Kings commentator guy.  I can not stand that guy, he's so obnoxious.  I used to watch PBH though back when I was a teenager playing junior roller hockey.

Same!

Two coaches I grew up working with played net in that league.  Can confirm the ball is 100% harder to stop than a puck due to its chaotic flight path.

They also hated that they had to wear Franklin pads and those V-form skates

1 minute ago, Chenner29 said:

Same!

Two coaches I grew up working with played net in that league.  Can confirm the ball is 100% harder to stop than a puck due to its chaotic flight path.

They also hated that they had to wear Franklin pads and those V-form skates

I watch a lot of Kings games being on the West Coast and plus I love watching Quick, but man, everytime Jim Fox, that guy, says "Kopitar" my blood boils.  His annunciations just irk me.

8 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I watch a lot of Kings games being on the West Coast and plus I love watching Quick, but man, everytime Jim Fox, that guy, says "Kopitar" my blood boils.  His annunciations just irk me.

The way he ends sentences with that downward inflection is what gets me.

2 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

The way he ends sentences with that downward inflection is what gets me.

Yeah, like he's trying to sneak it in and the last bit is always said more rapidly than the first bit.

"YOU'LL SEE QUICK STRETCHED OUT ON HIS BALLS IN FULL SPLITS.....and comes up big for the Kings."

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

ah yeah, the dippers.   I feel like dippers are more likely and common than benders.

I let in a dipper not too long ago.  Slap shot from the point.  No one screening me.  Shot is labeled right for my pocket reaching across my body to my blocker side.  All of a sudden it just dropped out of the air and I completely missed it lol.  He almost got me again later on in the game.  Guy just must not have the strength to keep it up :giggle: