C&A Recommendations for a 2010

James F

New guy to the forum here, my son is a 2010 birth year goalie playing squirt AAA, elementary, and some middle-school level hockey. I never played hockey, let alone goalie, so still figuring things out equipment-wise and looking for recommendations.

He's past ready to move up to a Junior size chest protector and has recently gotten a few stingers between padded areas. We're interested in some thoughts on a few different brands:

1. Vaughn - he's currently in a V7 Youth and has had 0 issues with it. Would look at the SLR2 primarily, but open to the VE8 as well.

2. Warrior - Heard really good things about the mobility of the Warrior C&A's

3. Boddam - Got him Boddam glove and blocker set in the spring and he LOVES them. Loved them enough that we ordered Boddam Junior Pads which are arriving tomorrow so we'll see how those go. Very, very interested in hearing about how the Boddam C&A's are.

Any other recommendations are appreciated as well.

Thanks!

My 10yr old daughter plays both atom and peewee up here, and she's really happy with her Warrior G4. She hasn't had many stingers in it (I remember only 1), finds it mobile (she's on the smaller size so bulk can be an issue) , and it's really adjustable. Being able to size the arms is a big plus.

Archived