Older Reebok Larceny Gear Question

jgoalie

Hi all,

First time poster here. I've got an older Reebok gear question and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

For some background: Over the past few years, I've slowly been putting together a collection of a full set of each Reebok & CCM pro model that have been offered over the years. Including everything (or mostly every model) between P1's and E-flex 4's.

Recently picked up a set of Larceny's for the collection, but the branding doesn't look like any other Larceny set I've seen before. Couple of things I noticed:

• Pads
    • Do not have Larceny embroidered under Reebok on the face of the pad in the knee roll. Does not have Kinetic Fit embroidered either (IIRC, early models had this instead of Larceny embroidered).
  • Glove
    • Feels pretty similar to my X-pulse Pro Spec (Made in Canada) glove that I have. Construction feels similar, and my Larceny has the same "NHL legal size" tag in the same spot that my X-pulse does (attached a pic of my X-pulse to show tag), whereas a regular Larceny glove would not have this tag.
  • Overall
    • No Kinetic Fit branding on the inside of glove, blocker, or leg channel of pads.

My questions/thoughts

• Based on the pictures, do we think these are just regular Larceny pads? Maybe early production ones given no Larceny branding other than graphic? Not sure if I'm missing any other identifiers that would point to it being a different model. 
  • Glove: I think it's an X-pulse skinned with Larceny graphic, curious as to what you guys think.
  • Blocker: not sure what to think, any insights appreciated.

Attached some pictures to this post, happy to add additional ones if needed. 

Unfortunately no tags with specs or info were left intact on this equipment so any thoughts/info you have is appreciated.

Thanks!

IMG_7952.JPG

IMG_8157.JPG

IMG_8158.JPG

IMG_8159.JPG

IMG_8160.JPG

IMG_8161.JPG

IMG_8162.jpg

IMG_8163.jpg

IMG_8164.jpg

IMG_8166.JPG

IMG_7958.JPG

On 11/21/2022 at 12:07 PM, jgoalie said:

Hi all,

First time poster here. I've got an older Reebok gear question and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

For some background: Over the past few years, I've slowly been putting together a collection of a full set of each Reebok & CCM pro model that have been offered over the years. Including everything (or mostly every model) between P1's and E-flex 4's.

Recently picked up a set of Larceny's for the collection, but the branding doesn't look like any other Larceny set I've seen before. Couple of things I noticed:

• Pads
    • Do not have Larceny embroidered under Reebok on the face of the pad in the knee roll. Does not have Kinetic Fit embroidered either (IIRC, early models had this instead of Larceny embroidered).
  • Glove
    • Feels pretty similar to my X-pulse Pro Spec (Made in Canada) glove that I have. Construction feels similar, and my Larceny has the same "NHL legal size" tag in the same spot that my X-pulse does (attached a pic of my X-pulse to show tag), whereas a regular Larceny glove would not have this tag.
  • Overall
    • No Kinetic Fit branding on the inside of glove, blocker, or leg channel of pads.

My questions/thoughts

• Based on the pictures, do we think these are just regular Larceny pads? Maybe early production ones given no Larceny branding other than graphic? Not sure if I'm missing any other identifiers that would point to it being a different model. 
  • Glove: I think it's an X-pulse skinned with Larceny graphic, curious as to what you guys think.
  • Blocker: not sure what to think, any insights appreciated.

Attached some pictures to this post, happy to add additional ones if needed. 

Unfortunately no tags with specs or info were left intact on this equipment so any thoughts/info you have is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome

I was able to grab catalog pics from Perani's.  The inner leg channel on yours is different (grey nash and aerated along the knee and shin) whereas the catalog has all brown nash and the Kinetic Fit tag.  Also the boot is completely nash in the catalog pic, whereas yours only has it in the skate channel

Here's a SLS listing with a full set + a spare L9 glove

image.png.cd6e9541d30b8d2b4db705d4e55f10af.pngimage.png.0a6d29c7d01326805f8118f3b9dd83a7.png

I'm guessing you either have a set of salesman's samples, or an early production release. 

I don't think it's a custom pad as A) those would typically have player embroidery and B) your pads have "retail" add-ons like the upper leather strap pod on the outer gusset and the knee/thigh pad attachments.

23 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Hi and welcome

I was able to grab catalog pics from Perani's.  The inner leg channel on yours is different (grey nash and aerated along the knee and shin) whereas the catalog has all brown nash and the Kinetic Fit tag.  Also the boot is completely nash in the catalog pic, whereas yours only has it in the skate channel

Here's a SLS listing with a full set + a spare L9 glove

image.png.cd6e9541d30b8d2b4db705d4e55f10af.pngimage.png.0a6d29c7d01326805f8118f3b9dd83a7.png

I'm guessing you either have a set of salesman's samples, or an early production release. 

I don't think it's a custom pad as A) those would typically have player embroidery and B) your pads have "retail" add-ons like the upper leather strap pod on the outer gusset and the knee/thigh pad attachments.

Appreciate the additional insights!

Good points regarding the leg channel material as well as the features that would point to them not being a custom pad.

Will conclude that they're samples/early production. A unique piece for the collection!