Vaughn PVE2 question

Colton1793

8 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Looks pretty normal. 

How pads hang off your skates is a personal thing. You'll see a lot of pros go out of their way to lift the pad higher on their boot so that they get more coverage with their thigh rises. It's why the Lundy loop exists. Luckily, we aren't constrained by sizing requirements. 

As long as you feel protected and you can move well, where they sit isn't a major concern. Especially since your primary focus is to get your knee centered. 

Cool, thanks for the feedback!

Tight boot strap (under the skate) will keep the pad down low and it'll eat the attack angle of your skate.

Elastic straps might give some possibilities here as they would stretch out when you need the angle and still pull in right when they get the slack.

It is problematic to fix something when something else then is not good. But I'd say you need to play with your still brand new pads a few times and after that they are just that much broken in that you'll get a better feel of them. And then try and adjust things again. You are still coming from a whole different era of pads so you have to adjust your playing too.

But when you get into your pads it'll be a youride!

5 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

Tight boot strap (under the skate) will keep the pad down low and it'll eat the attack angle of your skate.

Elastic straps might give some possibilities here as they would stretch out when you need the angle and still pull in right when they get the slack.

It is problematic to fix something when something else then is not good. But I'd say you need to play with your still brand new pads a few times and after that they are just that much broken in that you'll get a better feel of them. And then try and adjust things again. You are still coming from a whole different era of pads so you have to adjust your playing too.

But when you get into your pads it'll be a youride!

Yeah I agree, will probably just take a month or so to actually feel comfortable because they are so different. I would definitely not consider the pads too small for me (this is what vaughn and goaliemonkey suggested for my size) moreso I went from a pad where I consistently landed near the top of the knee block to a pad where I land right below the center and it is throwing me off a bit. Good info on the elastic bootstrap. I have never tried those and always been in leather. Will see if I can pick some up somewhere.

Thanks and happy new year!