CCM AXIS 2 Feedback?

• 1 month later...

IMG_5516.thumb.jpeg.459de86e453ecd1fc239514eee9408c3.jpegJust a quick(not really) update on the new CCM Axis 2 after 4 skates. It’s light, it just goes on like I’ve had it for a lot longer, no fiddling or adjustments each time. Protection is good,no stingers, arms have been fine. I’m liking it,hoping it softens up over time. Although I’ve had zero issues I find myself thinking “thank god I didn’t pay full price” for this. Pro?? Not really, it’s good for what I do and I like it ALOT. If the shooters were higher level with this group I’d pull the Simmons 996 back into action. It feels different when I get hit with the CCM on. No pain ,no problem,just different. The Simmons feels more on the PRO level to me. Kudos to them, a few mods and they’d be hard to beat. I’m sticking with the Axis, it’s a very nice unit and the color…. I wish I didn’t need a jersey!! Overall I’m extremely happy. Not sure it’s a D1 or higher level unit but I’m not doing anything even close. I got a very good price on this and I’m happy with it. *im old,we think everything is expensive and should last forever. I’m hearing that’s not true anymore😏

Again,I’m pleased with my purchase. It’s so damn nice looking 

• Like 1

Simmons uses different foams than this one for sure. The CCM seems to be mostly HD foam. I'm guessing the shots vibrate more, for lack of a better word, when the puck hits you?

Maybe, even the nylon on the 996 feels like it’s different. Again, not getting hurt, it’s as if I’m “in” something with the CCM and with the 996 I’m “part” of it. That’s why I keep thinking it needs to get soft. Maybe with the new or different foams it’ll never feel that way and I’ll need time to get used it.

44 minutes ago, DALV1 said:

Maybe, even the nylon on the 996 feels like it’s different. Again, not getting hurt, it’s as if I’m “in” something with the CCM and with the 996 I’m “part” of it. That’s why I keep thinking it needs to get soft. Maybe with the new or different foams it’ll never feel that way and I’ll need time to get used it.

I get it. Some units are put together in a way that it just moves well with you almost right away. I got that from the Mckenney 870 and the Bauer 2S. My Pro Series is already broken in which should help. I'm eyeing the new CCM Pro Spec once out in my area. It will undoubtedly be stiff and boxy given its design, more substantial than the Axis for sure.