G1 vs G4 sizing

Patrick Roy's Wink

I'm planning on getting a new set G4 set in the Spring. I currently have G1 34 + 1.5. If I did a side by side comparison with G4s 34 + 1.5. How would they compare? My G1s are as straight as a board. The G4s look like they have a bit of an s shape so It made me a bit curious if the sizing would be identical or would there be a difference. 

The sizing chart was actually corrected during the release of the G2 series... it's been the same ever since. 

There are some other slight differences, but ATK is basically the same between G2 & G4 and I never noticed any real world difference at all moving up from G1 to G2.

The only issue would be if your G1's are fitting on the "big" side... as you'll see in the link... the 360*Active Drop feature can cause some fitment/mobility issues and Warrior did a much more accurate job of maintaining a true 11-inch width at the top of the thigh rise than in the past.

Pads.thumb.jpg.e0f5e52489295240109c6da5539fbdd3.jpg

• 5 months later...

Will use this thread for another sizing question. Currently using some rgt in 36+1,5 but in my opinion I could use a bit of a bigger pad. If I order a custom 37+1 would really get a higher knee stack. Have something in mind from other pads that sometimes the size is the same between two sizes. Thanks for your answers

Archived