Going up a size change width?

Drew37

19 hours ago, Drew37 said:

I fit into Reebok/CCM in a 10 EE boot.  Want to stay with a cowling and a 4mm blade. Cannot for the life of me find a pair in that size, not in person or online.  Would going up to an 11 D work Width wise?

No, don't do it. And if you are try the skates on. If you need the extra width stick with EE. 

5 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

No, don't do it. And if you are try the skates on. If you need the extra width stick with EE. 

Thanks for the input.  Was able to actually find a pair of older but new Bauers in my size!  Thank God, couldn't believe I could find wide skates anywhere really. At my local shop or online. Have worn Bauer before and recently so I knew my size in those so wasn't afraid to purchase without trying on.

On 2/24/2021 at 3:09 PM, Drew37 said:

Thanks for the input.  Was able to actually find a pair of older but new Bauers in my size!  Thank God, couldn't believe I could find wide skates anywhere really. At my local shop or online. Have worn Bauer before and recently so I knew my size in those so wasn't afraid to purchase without trying on.

I hope it will work, are they older pairs of Bauers? Because fit might be a little different from experience with the newer Bauer skates for me.

On 2/25/2021 at 4:47 PM, mr_shifty1982 said:

I hope it will work, are they older pairs of Bauers? Because fit might be a little different from experience with the newer Bauer skates for me.

Got a never used pair of total one nxg. Have had many different models of Bauer throughout the years so it shouldn't be an issue.  Worse case I can sell them for at least what I paid as I got a great deal.

On 2/23/2021 at 10:37 AM, Drew37 said:

I fit into Reebok/CCM in a 10 EE boot.  Want to stay with a cowling and a 4mm blade. Cannot for the life of me find a pair in that size, not in person or online.  Would going up to an 11 D work Width wise?

It looks like you've found something that works for you, but just for the record...IMO:

Never make this concession.  Even if your foot fits width-wise, your heel will not be locked in and you'll be searching for another pair of skates in no time

Archived