ThatCarGuy’s First Franken Chest

ThatCarGuy

While my hyperlite has had a good run the arms and shoulder floaters are a bit slim and getting too soft for my taste. Time to fix that. I purchased a Warrior X3 Pro+ chest since I’ve always loved the arms on warriors for their ridiculous size and flexibility. The floaters being the right dimensions was just a bonus. 
33A8487C-42CF-482D-9B40-CBAE4E9FC4A2.thumb.jpeg.1d925237fc971648303c68bf9308ab76.jpeg
image.thumb.jpg.31a21b84e25549604e3be4618e112528.jpg
Chest is finally taken apart. A little bit annoying since everything was sewn in unlike the warrior which is velcro and lace. Also had to resew the shoulder caps since they were sewn in with the same thread as the arms. I’ll put it all together tomorrow with more updates. 
For those wondering I did try the X3 chest first and I’m just not a fan of how stiff the body is and how much the sternum and belly kick out rebounds compared to my hyperlite. Hence why I’m keeping my favorite bits of hyperlite. 

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

While my hyperlite has had a good run the arms and shoulder floaters are a bit slim and getting too soft for my taste. Time to fix that. I purchased a Warrior X3 Pro+ chest since I’ve always loved the arms on warriors for their ridiculous size and flexibility. The floaters being the right dimensions was just a bonus.

Can't get over how "1980s" these chesties look without the shoulder floaters

• Haha 2

Any thus concludes the project. 
68114D6A-4DB2-4EA1-B7A9-11EDA558B30A.thumb.jpeg.fc9d8d1066a66cf210c46b19cef5e5dd.jpeg
As far as initial impressions go this thing is unbelievably heavy but should maintain that Warrior shape and definitely maintained that arm flexibility. Having the Bauer torso already makes it much easier to move in. 

If you have any questions or want to see any specific pictures of the chest please ask! 

• Like 6

First on ice use in the books. This chest is everything I ever wanted out of it and more. Still need to do a couple elastic strap adjustments in the arms but it’s perfect otherwise. It absorbs pucks like a bauer and looks just as big as a warrior should all while being even easier to move in than the hyperlite. 

• Like 1