New Catcher but Tag shows SAMPLE (Model Name). Confused???

OldSchoolGoalie

I got a new game ready catcher from thehockeyshop.com but the tag actually says: SAMPLE (Model Name). I'm confused what the SAMPLE part is supposed to be? I didn't see anything stitched in showing Game Ready either as you can find on other screenshots. I don't see anything wrong with the catcher besides the SAMPLE part. I assumed these are just the models they keep always in stock locally for people to try on but they're not for sale? Or that the vender sent for the store to try out before shipping stock?

They have all the CE tags, and QA sticker, etc... Pretty much all the tear away labels you would have with a retail catcher.

Edited by OldSchoolGoalie

Pretty sure you're on the mark for what the Sample tag is for. 

It's probably an in house inventory metric that allows CCM to know if this glove is being used to send out to retailers for marketing purposes (SAMPLE) and is part of that budget. 

It's a quick tag on the item that shows that it isn't reserved for a specific client and can be used as needed. 

You probably don't see too many of these for senior gloves as they're gobbled up quickly, but since yours is an INT glove, it would make sense why it's still around. 

I wouldn't stress about it. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Pretty sure you're on the mark for what the Sample tag is for. 

It's probably an in house inventory metric that allows CCM to know if this glove is being used to send out to retailers for marketing purposes (SAMPLE) and is part of that budget. 

It's a quick tag on the item that shows that it isn't reserved for a specific client and can be used as needed. 

You probably don't see too many of these for senior gloves as they're gobbled up quickly, but since yours is an INT glove, it would make sense why it's still around. 

I wouldn't stress about it. 

Okay! Thank you. Just wanted to be sure I didn't get some down graded piece. 😂

Now the real struggle begins! Breaking in this glove... Already done two rounds of keeps33, less the weight, only tied with lace. Even had to jam a puck in the palm to get that break on the right side more. When I got this I could barely close it and couldn't even hold a stick with it, but at least now it closes only with less than an inch gap, and I can now grip my goalie stick. Going to be a long road ahead I presume? :D I probably should've got a Vaughn but I do like the CCM 600 break coming from my old Heaton and Sherwood gloves. I just wish these were not as stiff...

18 minutes ago, OldSchoolGoalie said:

Okay! Thank you. Just wanted to be sure I didn't get some down graded piece. 😂

Now the real struggle begins! Breaking in this glove... Already done two rounds of keeps33, less the weight, only tied with lace. Even had to jam a puck in the palm to get that break on the right side more. When I got this I could barely close it and couldn't even hold a stick with it, but at least now it closes only with less than an inch gap, and I can now grip my goalie stick. Going to be a long road ahead I presume? :D I probably should've got a Vaughn but I do like the CCM 600 break coming from my old Heaton and Sherwood gloves. I just wish these were not as stiff...

May be a road that never ends. 

The Lefebrve 600 break is pretty notorious for it's poor design and difficulty in closing, even when broken in. Their 580 and 590's are at least a bit better. 

This video from an old member will help. He also goes over the issues with the glove. 

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

May be a road that never ends. 

The Lefebrve 600 break is pretty notorious for it's poor design and difficulty in closing, even when broken in. Their 580 and 590's are at least a bit better. 

This video from an old member will help. He also goes over the issues with the glove. 

Personally I would rather just sell it and get something else. I cannot get it to work with a skate oven, steam, water or anything. I went to the store and tried the Vaughn Ventus SLR2 and it was also pretty stiff but not as bad. The Vaughn Ventus SLR2-ST oddly enough was way more flappy and I thought the only difference was that one has a single (solid) cuff design (SLR2-ST) compared to the double (split) cuff you see with the SLR2.

Edited by OldSchoolGoalie