Now that the season is over [ pad strapping update ]

fever9990

The most pressing thing after removing the knee straps, was how to hold the knee stack together. By using the existing holes, I ran a nylon strap from the top slot on the knee wing to the lower hole on the knee block then across to the top of the calf, eliminating the need for a"prof strap".

20240428_113240.jpg

20240428_113217.jpg

• Like 2

Now on to the calf, at first it was just going to be two elastic straps 2"-4" wide straight across the calf. After inner debate, I'm sewing loop velcro down the full length of the outer calf wrap on both sides. I will remove the two patches in the first pic and run a full strip. I have yards and yards of velcro and elastic strapping ranging from 1.5"- 8" wide. About the only thing left to do is break out the sewing machine and make a bunch of straps of all widths and see what works best for me.

20240428_113303.jpg

20240428_113205.jpg

• Like 3

The weight reduction breaks down is 282g, straps and buckles -11g for container= 271g, +24g for three removed strap pockets=295g removed per pad. Material to replace the straps and buckles, 77g, so total weight reduction of 218g per pad, that's only 6g short of half pound!

20240505_122352.jpg

• Like 2