Bauer Supreme S170 chest protector

ser33

hi everyone. often people ask if there are reviews on entry-level equipment and what is its difference from intermediate-level equipment and is it worth the purchase of an initial level of money spent. As a rule, there are practically no reviews. I would like to fill this gap and show from my own experience why entry-level equipment is not the best choice. The Bauer unit was bought new three years ago instead of the already completely tired reebok 6k.once I tried bauer one 95 and I really liked it. at that time I could only afford S170,1S was not available to me. I played S170 about three years 2-3 times a week all year round.

that’s what I liked about it. It’s a very lightweight, very mobile unit. I wear my unit on top of my pants and like to have a small space between it and the body. This allows the body to breathe and additionally extinguish blows from shots.

And now about the sad. Two reasons why I would not again consider entry-level equipment.

The first one, of course, is the level of protection. I play with people whose level corresponds to your “beer league”, but we don’t have such a name) and most shots are extinguished acceptable. but, as you know, there will definitely be one shooter that will amaze you in a place with very weak protection. in this unit this is the area of the ribs. the thickness of the protective foam there does not exceed 1 centimeter. and it hurts)

the second one is the quality of the materials themselves. it is clear that one should not expect miracles from a cheap product and I’m ready to understand the weak degree of protection, but that the interior of the unit would be torn from shots, this was a surprise for me. I just once felt a painful shot in the chest area and this was surprising, because it was there that the strongest defense had existed before.

Now I am recovering from a minor injury and I had time to disassemble my unit and find out what happened to it.all the internal fabric on which the protective blocks are attached was torn. From the shots, the blocks were torn apart and could no longer fully protect.I attach the photo below.

I really still like my unit. it is still convenient in it even after three years, but it requires a bit of my attention, which I am ready to show in the mods section in the near future. if anyone is interested)

ps anticipating comments that it is better to buy a high-level unit, I can answer that I completely agree with you, but I do not have such an opportunity

ps2. as always forgive me for my english, I write through google translatorlmXV0ntQWc8.jpgqewA_FVc-Bw.jpgbihdiEAMgPk.jpgPpayPxcOnOA.jpg246FhB3K2-4.jpg

While I do feel it's obvious to most of us that entry level units like yours are best to stay away from, a lot of guys, especially newer goalies, see the price tag and are gravitated towards it. So it is good to get more information/reviews on stuff like that that most of us wouldn't be able to do.

Also, might want to try re-uploading your picture.

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

While I do feel it's obvious to most of us that entry level units like yours are best to stay away from, a lot of guys, especially newer goalies, see the price tag and are gravitated towards it. So it is good to get more information/reviews on stuff like that that most of us wouldn't be able to do.

Also, might want to try re-uploading your picture.

photos not displayed again?

3 minutes ago, ser33 said:

I’m pasting a photo from a URL from another source and for some reason not all users can see them. I don’t know why. Please tell me how to do it differently, I would really appreciate it

I've had issues seeing hyperlinked photos before. So it may just be me.

Don't have any issues when images are directly uploaded to the site though.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

У меня были проблемы с просмотром фотографий с гиперссылками. Так что это может быть только я.

Не возникает проблем, когда изображения загружаются на сайт напрямую.

I understand you, but how exactly to do this? Tell me, please

Archived