X8 Guys

In the market for a new mask and have always liked sportmask (Quick fanboy). I am currently not located near any dealers who have the mask in store, so trying it on wont be possible. My question is does the X8 fit like any other masks from other manufactures? I have a local shop who carries CCM, Vaughn, and Bauer stuff that I can go and try on. I got the general measurements from Sportmasks website, but I have been told the X8 fits more of a rounder bigger head.

I am currently wearing a Fusion MMX, which is meant for smaller thinner faces. Before I order one I want to see if the mask will even fit my small beak or if I should start looking at other masks. Also, as far as protection goes will the X8 be pretty much on par with the Fusion mask? I play intermediate beer league, but would rather spend some coin on a mask that will keep my head safe.

Thank you

Mike

Sportmask quasi-merged with OTNY at some point in the past couple years - I would call up Goalieparts.com and see which of theirs is similar to what you are looking for. They do a really good job at matching the mask model and fit to your head shape based on what you tell them. And they have a fit guarantee so you can send it back in case it doesn't feel right. All of their masks should offer enough protection for any beer league games.

1 hour ago, Teezle said:

Sportmask quasi-merged with OTNY at some point in the past couple years - I would call up Goalieparts.com and see which of theirs is similar to what you are looking for. They do a really good job at matching the mask model and fit to your head shape based on what you tell them. And they have a fit guarantee so you can send it back in case it doesn't feel right. All of their masks should offer enough protection for any beer league games.

Thank you for the advice, I was actually looking at some OTNY masks too. I guess I should just get in contact with them and see what they have to say.

Archived