Vaughn V6 rotation

daffy

Picked up some new to me Vaughn V6s just before the rinks closed so I didn't get to try them out.  I was bored tonight so put my gear on.  I've always used thigh wraps but bought some Bauer X60 knee pads.  With the knee pads on, I can barely get the knee strap around the back of my knee.  Tried a few carpet flies and no rotation at all.  Take off the knee strap and no issue.  Just wonder what you V6 owners do for rotation.  Thinking about getting velcro stitched into the calf wrap so I can attach the strap lower.  Just wonder how to get rotation out of these.  Pic of the pads just because.

ad_0_1583902722977.jpg

15 minutes ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Post a pic of the back?  Older Vaughns aren't good with any sort of wide knee pad.  The knee cradle is too small.  Adding the Velcro to go down to the calf would probably a solution.

IMG_20200508_224855.jpg

Thanks.  Without having to mod anything, I would try removing the knee elastic altogether.  Then run the knee-strap down to the top calf-strap buckle and see if you can buckle both the top calf and kneestrap into the top buckle.  Make the knee snug enough so you can't fall off the knee stack.  Then, a little black duct tape or something to tape the loose outer knee-flap down to the pad to really open up the knee and not allow it to catch on your pants or kneepads.  Just going off how I had to mod my last set of RBK pads when I first began to wear kneepads.

Archived