Mask padding sheets - Sweden or Europe

I have a old Reebok P10 (by ProMask) there my padding and cage went broken 2014.. I'll make a comeback this autumm (if I'm enough good for my team 🤪, have not being on ice since 2014....) ProMask have their liner padding for my model but because I'm picky and have to cut off some areas and adding so I'm thinking to order foam sheets instead to get it so cheap as possible during the tryout.

Then I'm asking you at TGN if the cost for sheets would be less or same as kits from Maltese, EcoProFoam or Promask/Reebok? Of course based on your knowledge about modifications.

EcoProFoam kits - 116 USD for overseas shipment to Sweden
Promask Pro Core - 115 USD + some common foam for 25 USD.
Maltese GSP Kit - 125-135 EURO

How should you describe the foam feeling for a person that sells foam sheets but are not related to icehockey equipments? Can it be dangerous for me if I get wrong type of foam? 1 months with 12 practices and 5 friendly games.

Here in Finland are many shops selling mask foams. Starting from Wall (the mask company, then Varusteverstas(Kova) and atleast a few which I don't remember names of. And these are only for starters. Most probably you have similar shops in Sweden too.

12 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

Here in Finland are many shops selling mask foams. Starting from Wall (the mask company, then Varusteverstas(Kova) and atleast a few which I don't remember names of. And these are only for starters. Most probably you have similar shops in Sweden too.

Thank you for getting me more alternatives! I'll check around my city this weekend.. Otherwise I will go for any of those alternatives above

Do you have problem to find CCM Axis Pro and Bauer 960 in Finland? I did only found those masks in three city in Sweden.

2 hours ago, Felix said:

Thank you for getting me more alternatives! I'll check around my city this weekend.. Otherwise I will go for any of those alternatives above

Do you have problem to find CCM Axis Pro and Bauer 960 in Finland? I did only found those masks in three city in Sweden.

I'll see if I see those other options for padding resellers, those might've been mask painters like Joni "Bona" Hallikainen etc.

I haven't actually looked for new masks but I'd say no, those are available very much all around.

One big hockey reseller here in Finland: https://shop.hockeybase.fi/Welcome.action

Did ended up with a Original Promask padding. Wasn't pleasured with padding sheets I found around my city for make a homemade helmet padding. I had about 10 concussion of the brain that 3 of them was heavy as hell, so in my case I had to re-thinking to NOT be stingy with helmet paddings. Faster delivery from Sweden, I didn't dare to order from USA or Canada to miss mine first practices.

But in future I would go for EcoProFoam.

FYI: Bauer 960 couldn't restock their masks before january 2021 and either delivery to Sweden.. 🥶 So that's also why I ordered a real padding.

13 hours ago, Felix said:

FYI: Bauer 960 couldn't restock their masks before january 2021 and either delivery to Sweden.. 🥶 So that's also why I ordered a real padding.

Had to look at the HockeyBase stocks and seems they have 960 and many other very much available at the moment.

But re-padding a mask is viable option if the mask is in good condition. And doing so you can do adjustments to get the fit optimized for your head. I'm waiting for my new Rey to arrive from painting and then I'll have the foam operation too. I'll try the original Rey set of foams and hopefully it'll do well right away.

Archived