Lacing Pocket Help or Good?

Gerbs3

Hey guys, I’ve watched a few videos on how to relace a glove pocket with skate lace. They say to use a 120” lace and usually only have a few inches or so left over at the end. I know this depends on the glove and whatnot, but is this too much left over in mine?

1B0AA0F6-264C-4EF4-B26F-AB0AE660D44B.thumb.jpeg.c7ba830cddacfed9e3edf61a51b741ba.jpeg18BFE583-0BC3-43B0-B874-C90078E6D573.thumb.jpeg.577943ceccab01646bcf3cc03b6f1191.jpeg
It seems like the gaps/loops on the top (against the T) are bigger than mid and bottom even though I pulled it through just as much/hard. I used the same method everyone else does where you skip the first loop then go through the next two. Let me know what you think.

• Gerbs3 changed the title to Lacing Pocket Help or Good?

Every manufacturer has a different lace job so you may be fine with the length you have.  If it's your first time and you are not sure, use two more laces to do the next two spots, before cutting and tying off the ends.  Yours looks good to me.  Finish it up and then go back and adjust if needed.  It'll catch and be nice and soft now.  Make sure each section of the pocket is not too tight, negating the soft effect and creating an undesirable trampoline effect instead.  I have pics in another thread of a Warrior glove I (sloppily) did, but got rid of Warrior's stock trampoline effect.

Thanks for the info.

The other side was way more difficult for some reason but I finally got it nice and neat. I’m not sure how to lace the inside of the double T. Haven’t really seen a guide on that anywhere. Maybe just cut it on one spot and unlace/lace following the old one

1 hour ago, Gerbs3 said:

Thanks for the info.

The other side was way more difficult for some reason but I finally got it nice and neat. I’m not sure how to lace the inside of the double T. Haven’t really seen a guide on that anywhere. Maybe just cut it on one spot and unlace/lace following the old one

Imo no need to change the cord down the center. Stock skate lace double Ts from Lefevre still use the cord in the middle.

to get the cleanest look, try to get the lace to lay as flat as possible on itself 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Imo no need to change the cord down the center. Stock skate lace double Ts from Lefevre still use the cord in the middle.

to get the cleanest look, try to get the lace to lay as flat as possible on itself 

Yeah I wasn’t going to originally but I think it would look cleaner overall especially since I chose red lace.

E4571205-E0E8-404D-98C4-C3203A659007.thumb.jpeg.75db9a14695fc74447294240b5a36ba6.jpeg7E623C45-F29A-453A-8A95-3AC5E5DCF6D0.thumb.jpeg.6b7af98fcaa0115d599638e857bc9e1a.jpeg