Bauer Konekts for people with wide feet?

16 minutes ago, 35RoloSmith41 said:

Im currently in an 8.5EE but really want the Konekts. Just curious if anyone similar in size to me has had success with the Konekts?

Andrei-Vasilevskiy-Andrew-BershawIcon-Sportswire.jpg

I’m a 9EE in supremes and have size 9 Konekts and I love them they are the most comfortable skates I’ve ever worn

1 hour ago, 35RoloSmith41 said:

Did you just bake them once and they were good to go or did you need to do anything extra? 

I only had to baked them once but he had me use the toe sleeve which I highly recommend because it gives you a little bit more room but not too much. 

5 hours ago, Hockey34 said:

I only had to baked them once but he had me use the toe sleeve which I highly recommend because it gives you a little bit more room but not too much. 

I just bought the new HF2 (lower price point). My initial skate in them started off terrible - my feet ached before I even hit the ice.  It did get much better as I played through the hour in them. 

I know the fitting process is the same between the top line and the 2nd line.  Aside from the toe sleeve, any other suggestions?  I had read in InGoal’s article on the initial offering that standing up for a bit at the beginning can be helpful in getting a good fit.  Also, do you use any sort of insert?  I do use Superfeet, but my shop said not to put them in for the initial bake.  They also didn’t have the ice packs cold, so I’m thinking I’m going to go back and do another bake and add in a few of the above to see if it helps dial in the fit. 

46 minutes ago, sescaro said:

I just bought the new HF2 (lower price point). My initial skate in them started off terrible - my feet ached before I even hit the ice.  It did get much better as I played through the hour in them. 

I know the fitting process is the same between the top line and the 2nd line.  Aside from the toe sleeve, any other suggestions?  I had read in InGoal’s article on the initial offering that standing up for a bit at the beginning can be helpful in getting a good fit.  Also, do you use any sort of insert?  I do use Superfeet, but my shop said not to put them in for the initial bake.  They also didn’t have the ice packs cold, so I’m thinking I’m going to go back and do another bake and add in a few of the above to see if it helps dial in the fit. 

My first skate in them my feet hurt for about 15 minutes but after that they haven’t hurt at all. If there is a certain spot that hurts a lot then have them put one of the foam circles on that spot. I just use the stock inserts, so maybe try them it might be better. The guy at the store did actually have me leaning forward on my knees putting  more pressure on them to help widen them, so maybe try that. But when I bought mine they didn’t  have the fridge plugged in so the ice packs weren’t cold for me either, so the skates just took forever to cool off but other than that they don’t do anything. 

I would suggest if you do rebake them to leave the top strap a little loser, like it needs to be tight so that it forms around your ankle but not as tight as possible that way you can get them tighter when you go to use them. Like I have both the top straps on mine as tight as possible but when I baked them one was looser than the other so now when I put them on that one that was looser I can get a lot tighter than the one that was tight when I baked them. 

On 7/11/2023 at 12:58 PM, sescaro said:

Curious if you've gone back yet?

On 7/14/2023 at 9:59 AM, sescaro said:

Not yet.  Going to try and get back there this weekend and intend to use the toe sleeves and put a little more weight on them for the first few minutes. 

So I went and ended up buying my own haha. 

they felt amazing in store. Standing there felt like I  was wearing nothing at all. Nothing at all. Nothing at all. 

did it feel great for you in store and then not as good when you skated in them? 

IMG_7742.png

• Haha 1

On 7/11/2023 at 7:38 AM, 35RoloSmith41 said:

Did you just bake them once and they were good to go or did you need to do anything extra? 

that's what I hear, I stopped in my local Pure Hockey and he scanned my foot on the special machine they have.

I've always been in Bauer 8.5 skates.

he told me I scan between an 8 and an 8.5, and size 8 is for me in Konekt.

he said the best thing about the shell is that when they bake it it can go from a regular to EEE

1 hour ago, 35RoloSmith41 said:

they felt amazing in store. Standing there felt like I  was wearing nothing at all. Nothing at all. Nothing at all. 

did it feel great for you in store and then not as good when you skated in them? 

IMG_7742.png

For me the felt great in store but so much better once I got them home and dialled in. Loved that you can make micro adjustments with out having to unlace a whole skate and once you have it dialled in it’s perfect each and every time. 

6 hours ago, 35RoloSmith41 said:

IMG_7742.png

They felt good, but not great.  Got them baked again, with a few tweaks to the process.  Felt better than after the initial bake, but we’ll see how they feel on the ice!

Good luck with yours!

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve had the HF2s on the ice for three skates since I got them baked a second time.  Love them!  The last skate was a double header and there was a little extra pressure on the inside of my left foot that I hadn’t experienced before, but it was totally tolerable across the two plus hours I had them on.  My feet are kind of funky with extra bones in each and I’ve always dealt with the occasional bit of discomfort that comes and goes depending on the day. 

I can’t heap enough praise on the performance of the skate, though!  Now, I also went from Goalie Win to Goalie Sam with my blade profile, which took me a few skates to get used to, but my ability to get an edge when doing movements in the butterfly has noticeably improved.  My hips and knees also felt so much better after the back-to-back. I’m 46 and about 15 pounds above my ideal weight, and I always chalked the post game stiffness up to that, but now I’m thinking it was my skates!  Coming from a set of the top line FT2s, which I thought highly of.

The ability to throw them on and off in seconds is so nice.  I also took my first direct shot to the toe yesterday from a guy with a pretty heavy shot and there was no pain or much sensation at all. 

They don’t breathe quite as well as other skates - your foot is snug in those booties and they don’t offer any venting.

I do need to try out some of the mods to help hold my Pro Laces in place on the top of the skate, but even when it slips, I haven’t had any issues with stepping on it. 

I also noticed that the buckle (or something) rubs a bit on the calf wrap of my 3X pads.  Just going to sew in a bit of jenpro along the bottom edge to prevent any wear.  

As for the blade profile, the initial skate or two was a rough transition - that flat 50mm middle was an adjustment, but once I got used to that, I can’t recommend it enough.  Between the skates and the profile, my agility as been taken up a notch!

• Like 1