How to install TGN Pro Laces?

1C5

I've seen a couple videos where people put them on with no knots and I've seen them installed with 3 knots (official website). 

What would be a good starting point to install them? Knots or no knots?

I've used regular pro laces before so I guess I'm asking is how should I install the TGN ones to most closely mimic the regular pro laces?

IMG_6133.jpeg

IMG_6134.jpeg

2 hours ago, Madmedic6 said:

Knots add slack more like the hybrid version (true hybrid, custom hybrid went to full elastic cord with spacing). No knots would be like the original pro lace with no preset slack. 

Even with no added knots, the TGN spec will be looser than regular pro laces. 

@1C5 You may want to experiment a bit to see that works. How much slack do you usually use in your toe ties? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Even with no added knots, the TGN spec will be looser than regular pro laces. 

@1C5 You may want to experiment a bit to see that works. How much slack do you usually use in your toe ties? 

This helps thank you. My last set I had regular pro laces so I'll try these TGN ones with no knots first and see how that feels. 

On 8/22/2023 at 12:11 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

This is my current set up with the TGN pro laces. 

Not a lot of added slack but they're definitely "looser" than the standard Pro Laces set up. 

20230822_100927.jpg

Well I tried a few different setups and with tgn with no added slack or with added slack, they were still too loose for me, causing my pad to sit too high. 

So I tried a set of the Armor (no slack) I had and the pads now sit perfect for me. 

• Like 1