CCM ef6 580 cord snapped 😳

froese

Well this seems less than ideal. I've had this glove on the ice 4 times, and then just the normal sitting at home throwing a puck into it during the break in process and already the cord around the exterior of the pocket has already frayed and snapped. It's well within the warranty period so I will be utilizing it but that's pretty brutal. Best to go through Pro Skate in Calgary where I purchased it or directly through CCM?

Any advice/warranty stories anyone might have appreciated. PXL_20230928_0329045812.thumb.jpg.c147ecab4538163a89b72751abcd357e.jpgPXL_20230928_032840008.thumb.jpg.35e5643abe2f730d930a1bd53c577256.jpgPXL_20230928_032805339.thumb.jpg.4922cebcfbb15ac089514ba6245a0b11.jpgPXL_20230928_032801326_MP.thumb.jpg.93e5e383094b2f8760e2376408e40cf6.jpg

1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Call Pro Skate and see what they can do - maybe they can give you another one off the shelf and handle the warranty themselves. Otherwise, you'll have to deal with CCM directly - https://ca.ccmhockey.com/otherwarranty.html

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I phoned Pro Skate this morning and they suggested I submit my claim directly, but if I have an problems getting a response to reach out to them and they'll see what they can do. I'm in Winnipeg, so they'd have to ship something out to me. Plus, they don't have any stock right now anyway. I've got a 581 that I can use while it gets fixed, which I'm actually kind of excited about! I put it on last night and I forgot how light it is and how great the strapping system is :)

• 2 weeks later...

PXL_20231007_202117492.thumb.jpg.878786fbc8f84e8f6653b869cdf72f0d.jpgIf anyone's interested in a CCM warranty claim update, on the one hand it was impressive how quickly they responded and approved the claim. On the other hand, less impressive that they shipped me a brand new 581 instead of a 580 🤦‍♂️

I've responded and let them know they sent the wrong glove, and am hoping it's just an honest mistake as opposed to them not having any full right 580's on hand and hoping they can pawn the 581 off on me instead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Called CCM and they confirmed they sent the 581 because that was all they had in stock. When I mentioned I already had a 581 and would prefer a different solution, they agreed to send me the new Axis XF Pro when it's released in February. I shipped the 581 back, and talked to them again today to confirm they received it and that they had all they needed from me in terms of confirming the XF Pro replacement. On the whole I have to say the whole experience dealing with them has been way better than I expected. Super responsive, helpful, and friendly. Now I just have to wait 3.5 months to try out try out the new Axis 🤪

• Like 2

Did you have some abrasive material over the puck you were throwing the glove with? That binding looks just like some sanding paper was used to grind it. 

But good that you got the issue "fixed" with CCM, it's not always been the easiest thing to get done what I've heard/read.

23 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

Did you have some abrasive material over the puck you were throwing the glove with? That binding looks just like some sanding paper was used to grind it. 

But good that you got the issue "fixed" with CCM, it's not always been the easiest thing to get done what I've heard/read.

Nope, just a regular white training puck so I didn't get a tonne of scuff marks all over it outside of normal use. I've done the same thing with other gloves and never had this issue so it was pretty surprising. And yes, they really were shockingly helpful and great to work with. No complaints other than just the inconvenience of the whole thing.