warrior ritual g2 chest protector

I just picked up a new G2 pro chest protector. I bought it from a fellow tendy who picked it up on clearance from goalie monkey and never used it. I love the feel of the unit so far but I am having a difficult time dialing in the mechanical arms. Not sure if they are too long but I typically wear an xl and the body is xl with large arms. I feel like the elastic used to dial in the fit on the arms is too long and since it is velcro instead of buckles I can't seem to get it tight enough for my liking. I don't want to mod the elastics to make them smaller until I have a better idea of how to get the best fit. Things feel floppy in the elbow area. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this unit or any advice for me in this regard? Thanks in advance for any input. 

Edited by wigalicous

Ran into the same issue on G2, G4, and now X3. It's intentionally designed that way to give the arm more space to absorb impact due to it sitting farther from your actual arm. The only way I found to counter it was tightening the forearm and the bicep strap and even then it's quite loose.

I'm surprised to hear you got large arms if you normally wear an XL. I wear a medium in every chest protector except warrior which I wear a large

Yea, it's been a bit of an adjustment myself going from Hyperlite to Rx3 as well, probably for the same reasons. After a while you don't notice the change too much. I ended up getting the forearm and tricep connections a bit tighter, but left the elbow areas pretty loose. Works as a nice medium between feeling the unit connected to you, and allowing the elbow system to work unencumbered. 

20 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Ran into the same issue on G2, G4, and now X3. It's intentionally designed that way to give the arm more space to absorb impact due to it sitting farther from your actual arm. The only way I found to counter it was tightening the forearm and the bicep strap and even then it's quite loose.

I'm surprised to hear you got large arms if you normally wear an XL. I wear a medium in every chest protector except warrior which I wear a large

Did you get the straps tight enough with the stock strapping or did you need to mod it? I am 6'3 with a 6'5 arm span so the body fits great but I still feel the arms to be a tad long. Maybe it is just because I haven't dialed in the strapping yet to get it tight enough and the forearms are a bit beefier than my P1 so they seem to interfere with my gloves more. Perhaps when I figure it out they won't feel too long.

14 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea, it's been a bit of an adjustment myself going from Hyperlite to Rx3 as well, probably for the same reasons. After a while you don't notice the change too much. I ended up getting the forearm and tricep connections a bit tighter, but left the elbow areas pretty loose. Works as a nice medium between feeling the unit connected to you, and allowing the elbow system to work unencumbered. 

I am coming from a P1 reissue that fits like a bespoke suit so it is definitely an adjustment for me. I was going to sell the P1 but not sure if I want to let it go now. I will tinker with the strapping but my concern is that my elbow is going to slip out of the elbow cups because it feels as if it is going to. The elbow cups on my P1 feel amazing but maybe I just need some time to get used to the G2. Did you mod the strapping or did you accomplish the fit with stock strapping?

1 hour ago, wigalicous said:

Did you get the straps tight enough with the stock strapping or did you need to mod it? I am 6'3 with a 6'5 arm span so the body fits great but I still feel the arms to be a tad long. Maybe it is just because I haven't dialed in the strapping yet to get it tight enough and the forearms are a bit beefier than my P1 so they seem to interfere with my gloves more. Perhaps when I figure it out they won't feel too long.

I'm 5'11" with a 6'1" wingspan and large doesn't bother me currently. I can't remember if G2 used a different size chart though because I think it might have considering I used a medium G2. I didn't have to modify mine but there was more velcro exposed than I would've liked. 

9 hours ago, wigalicous said:

I am coming from a P1 reissue that fits like a bespoke suit so it is definitely an adjustment for me. I was going to sell the P1 but not sure if I want to let it go now. I will tinker with the strapping but my concern is that my elbow is going to slip out of the elbow cups because it feels as if it is going to. The elbow cups on my P1 feel amazing but maybe I just need some time to get used to the G2. Did you mod the strapping or did you accomplish the fit with stock strapping?

No mods.

My RGT I adjusted the body a tiny bit, shortened the arms and used it for years without issue. My RX3 I've had to make a few more adjustments to get it right and it still needs a slight tinker, but I'm 95% there. 

One of the things that forced some adjustments was the feeling of the elbow slipping out, but that was only on my glove side and went away after 5 skates. 

Warrior's mechanical arm units are very unique in their feel in comparison to every other C/A out there, except maybe the Ultrasonic/Mach (similar system). Warrior had a couple cracks at the more conventional units (RGT, RGT2, RG5 Pro) that seem to have been phased out. 

Their bodies hasn't changed at all. If you like the overall shape and body of the Warrior unit and the arms are something you just can't get used to, there are other options out there that are more conventional feeling. 

I'm a huge fan of Warrior units. They've performed better than any other C/A I've had and my RX3 is leading that category. I haven't used any CCM or Brian's units, but I've dipped my toes in a few brands: 

Past C/A's:

- Itech Reflex
- Vaughn V5 7800
- Vaughn LT90
- Warrior RGT Pro
- Bauer 2S
- Bauer Hyperlite
- Warrior RX3 Pro. 

14 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I'm 5'11" with a 6'1" wingspan and large doesn't bother me currently. I can't remember if G2 used a different size chart though because I think it might have considering I used a medium G2. I didn't have to modify mine but there was more velcro exposed than I would've liked. 

I was able to get it somewhat close to as tight as I would like it but it does leave a lot of velcro exposed. There is only about 20% of the velcro tab attached and the rest hangs off which I worry will get caught up on my jersey or come undone during play. I may cut the elastic and reattach the buckle so that I am able to get it tighter with less of the velcro tab exposed.

13 minutes ago, wigalicous said:

I was able to get it somewhat close to as tight as I would like it but it does leave a lot of velcro exposed. There is only about 20% of the velcro tab attached and the rest hangs off which I worry will get caught up on my jersey or come undone during play. I may cut the elastic and reattach the buckle so that I am able to get it tighter with less of the velcro tab exposed.

Yup that's basically how I wore mine

12 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

No mods.

My RGT I adjusted the body a tiny bit, shortened the arms and used it for years without issue. My RX3 I've had to make a few more adjustments to get it right and it still needs a slight tinker, but I'm 95% there. 

One of the things that forced some adjustments was the feeling of the elbow slipping out, but that was only on my glove side and went away after 5 skates. 

Warrior's mechanical arm units are very unique in their feel in comparison to every other C/A out there, except maybe the Ultrasonic/Mach (similar system). Warrior had a couple cracks at the more conventional units (RGT, RGT2, RG5 Pro) that seem to have been phased out. 

Their bodies hasn't changed at all. If you like the overall shape and body of the Warrior unit and the arms are something you just can't get used to, there are other options out there that are more conventional feeling. 

I'm a huge fan of Warrior units. They've performed better than any other C/A I've had and my RX3 is leading that category. I haven't used any CCM or Brian's units, but I've dipped my toes in a few brands: 

Past C/A's:

- Itech Reflex
- Vaughn V5 7800
- Vaughn LT90
- Warrior RGT Pro
- Bauer 2S
- Bauer Hyperlite
- Warrior RX3 Pro. 

I am really digging the fit of the body. It feels super solid and it looks like it gives me some more surface area than my P1. I am thinking of getting the G2 on the ice to try to work out the feel in the arms. However, first I am going to fiddle around a bit more at home to see if I can get it as close to comfortable as possible just in case I can't figure it out and I don't drop the resale value from new to slightly used. But I do feel like the body is the best I have used yet so I may try to swap the arms out if I can't get the fit right and go with another option. But I haven't looked into what a set of arms would cost so not sure if this is a feasible option or not.

I haven't had a lot to compare it to as I have only been in a couple of units: 

-Vaughn pro LT90- I liked this unit. It was the first chestie I ever used but I bought it used at the end of it's life cycle so I didn't get a ton of time in it.

-Vaughn SLR pro carbon- good mobility but I felt some shots in the arms and I don't play a very high level of beer league (mid-divisions).  

-Reebok P1 reissue- I liked everything about this chestie. I struggled to get the backplate totally dialed in but everything else fit well. Good mobility and no protection issues. I just wanted to try something new and got the G2 at a good deal but I am contemplating just sticking with the P1.