PAW Knee Pad Users

jerd31

Curious to see who uses PAW knee pads and how long you've had them for.

I've had a pair for about 2.5 years, playing 2-4 times/week and wondering how much more life I have in them before I should get a new pair.  My knees have been a bit achy the last few months, curious if that's a sign it's time for a new pair or am I just old and chubby.  I went with the standard foam for my current pair, if I were to order a new set I'd opt for the gel bottoms.  

Edited by jerd31

Had mine since 2017.

All the elastics - waist and the elastics on the knee pads themselves - are getting stretched out. I almost never get hit on the knee so I don't know how much protection has changed since I first got them, but they feel fine.

Opted for EVA foam instead of gel and had her attach it all to a garter belt. I hear the gel is heavy though.

36 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Had mine since 2017.

All the elastics - waist and the elastics on the knee pads themselves - are getting stretched out. I almost never get hit on the knee so I don't know how much protection has changed since I first got them, but they feel fine.

Opted for EVA foam instead of gel and had her attach it all to a garter belt. I hear the gel is heavy though.

The elastics on one of mine is stretched pretty good, but I can probably bring them to a seamstress or tailor and have new ones sewed in if I wanted to.  I should've gone EVA or gel, Sara mentioned it adds weight but I carry enough around I probably wouldn't notice it haha

I’ve had mine for over ten years. Gel to cushion landings. They have the garter belt attached. I’ve had my girlfriend mend all elastic and the garter belt once. I may need her to do it again. Still structurally sound. I too never get hit there so I don’t know if there’s been any loss of protection. 

Ive had mine since roughly 2007/2008, all the elastic straps are stretched out and pretty much there to just hold them in place while i put socks over them. I tape them so they stay up but they have some minor tear on the knee bend but besides that they are still as protective as when i got them. I got the standard ones with no extra gel in the landing area and never really have achy knees.

I got one used by chance, I really liked them but when I switched pants they started to interfere a bit so I got a different pair that came up a bit higher with a more rounded top so that the pant leg would go over it without jamming when I drop. If they had worked for the new pants, I prob would have gotten another pair but with that thick cushioning (I still may and ask her to make it just a bit taller). 

I should put them up for sale as they are in quite good condition including the elastics.