White Toe Cap Option - coming soon

Tim_TRUEHockey

Wanted to share with you all that, based upon feedback and requests from several NHLers, we'll be offering a white toe cap option in the near future.  Probably not be for a few months, but it's something that started based on a convo one of our pro reps had with Carey Price regarding his (Price's) desire to have his skates as white as possible to give contrast when the puck is near his feet.  We showed the design to Tuukka Rask and his goalie coach Bob Essensa who both liked it. In fact one prominent goalie coach commented that he felt goalies looked faster in white skates versus black (not sure I agree...but an interesting insight).  Look for them to be in pros hands (on their feet rather) soon with the option being added later this year.

IMG_1427.JPG

IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1431.JPG

2 minutes ago, Naz said:

I prefer the look of white cowlings, is it possible to have the heel portion white as to look more like the traditional cowling?

Used to be able to back in the VH days. Another thing I'm not sure if they will still do now that they're a bigger company.

Unknown-2-e1449168481787.jpeg

1 minute ago, IPv6Freely said:

Used to be able to back in the VH days. Another thing I'm not sure if they will still do now that they're a bigger company.

Unknown-2-e1449168481787.jpeg

Nice!  That at least still looks like a goal skate!

I think @Tim_TRUEHockey or their pro rep Jorg posted on GGSU about a week ago on a new option of more white on the skate that will be offered to pros due to some pros requesting that, but I think the message think they are looking at the feasibility/idea of maybe offering it to the public as well in the near future. Let me try to find it.

2 minutes ago, Gear----->ME said:

I think @Tim_TRUEHockey or their pro rep Jorg posted on GGSU about a week ago on a new option of more white on the skate that will be offered to pros due to some pros requesting that, but I think the message think they are looking at the feasibility/idea of maybe offering it to the public as well in the near future. Let me try to find it.

Yup, check out the first post in this thread. 

My bad, I misread his post. He seemed to ask for more white on the skate and remembered the post without seeing tim's original post. You are right that back in the VH days, you could get the bottom of your 1-piece skates painted white for something like 200$ upcharge, as it was all painted by hand. Not sure if it's an option anymore. @Tim_TRUEHockey would know better than anyone, just like always lol.

Archived