Vaughn Custom C/A Question

Kbarboza you might want to 1) find out what the lead times are from Vaughn, I was quoted 16 weeks for the Vaughn Ventus Pro Carbon kinda long. 2) there's a store in western Canada that carries a beefed up version of their Velocity model that could be a solution for you! 

I will get you their name later on today.

2 hours ago, Big2 said:

FYI I also asked for adjustable arms - with laces: a no go from Vaughn disappointing when your looking for stuff for kids

I also almost ordered a custom V7, but the lack of customization stopped me. It was easier to mod my existing unit 

30 minutes ago, kbarboza said:

Thanks for all the info! Big2 hows the mobility on the Brian's C/A's? Compared to a Ventus?

Brian's C&A are tanks. My retail GNetik was the same or heavier duty than my pro stock V6.Brians GNetik mobility is great in the arms. 

I ended up staying with the V6 because of a preference I came to have toward the lighter weight feel. 

check out this post for more comparison on some of the other Vaughn & Brians models 

Karboza unfortunately my son only had one Vaughn (I believe it was a Velocity ) and it was when he played AtomBB since he has had a Bauer NXG Pro and a Brians ZS2.

I switched out of Vaughn when he started complaining about stingers at his goalie camps where shooters typically shoot harder than the goalies age group and we have never been back!

He loves his ZS2 - to the point where I nearly bought him another one, but we ended up going with a ZS3 custom with some very minor changes. Laced arms and permanent neck protection - he wears a dangler!

The Brians unit is huge - when he got his ZS 2 everyone was freakin out at the size, I do not find it reduces his mobility and I believe it is due to the light weight of the unit also protection is top notch he only complained once about some shots around the shoulders but never again.

Take your time and seriously consider Brians CA's TGN seems to love his GNetik as well - Brians is a top notch Mfg. I am sure that the THS beefed up Velocity is a good option but without adjustable arms and long lead times I was not going down that route!

Good luck with your purchase!

Archived