Optik 2 initial impression

Jonathon v

Used the optik 2 max core yesterday for 2 stick and pucks. So about 2.5 hours on the ice here’s what I noticed so far. They are stiff! A big change from my old pads, harder to move in and tire me out much faster, but that’s part of breaking things in. I don’t know if it is the calf pillow, which I had on my gnetik 3 pads too, but my leg feels SNUG to the pad/ice when I am in my butterfly . Strapping is amazing also. Primo is weird. The ice wasn’t great, and it felt like when I perform a butterfly slide at first when the pad hits the ice it seems like it takes more effort to slide, but the pads definitely overslide a bit, meaning they slide really well. I think they will be amazing once broken in. My only complaint is the 5 hole. It’s seal is perfect but I feel some shots just went through, my old pads my knees stacks were touching in my butterfly so we pucks that went through the thigh got trapped in there. Not the case with these

That last part about the knee stacks and the 5 hole is interesting and i wondered if i would experience that same thing.  I am currently using a set of sub zeros and will hopefully be going to the optik 2s next. Keep it up with the updates. Im looking forward to hear about the break in process. What pads are you coming from?

4 hours ago, VegasMsft said:

That last part about the knee stacks and the 5 hole is interesting and i wondered if i would experience that same thing.  I am currently using a set of sub zeros and will hopefully be going to the optik 2s next. Keep it up with the updates. Im looking forward to hear about the break in process. What pads are you coming from?

It will be a while until I use the pads again, as I was just trying them out but went back to my old pads for now as playoffs are just starting. Coming from gnetik 3 pads

edit: I think the reason the knees stacks don’t touch is because the thigh is stuffed so my butterfly is a bit more wide. If you’ve been using stiff pads I doubt it will be as much an issue for you

Archived