Pant and knee pad connection

23 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

@seagoal As my fellow Vaughn lover on this forum, what is your pants-kneepad setup? Do you run the Vaughn setup through these pieces of gear too? Do you tie the knee pads into anything?

Hey.

My setup is VE8 leg pads, SLR pants, Warrior R/X2 Pro+ knee pads directly on my legs - -sock tape over the 3 straps - -and then modern silky leg socks over those. 

I haven't work Vaughn knee pads in a very long time, many many years.  I used to get pretty banged up with them from pucks back in the day and I switched to Warrior and have used those ever since.  I'm on my 3rd version of Warrior knee pads now and my current ones are my favorite, for sure.  They are quite comfy and super beefy and protective, which I like.  I like larger, more bulky knee pads as I have a pretty narrow butterfly flare.

I really love my SLR pants too.  I used Velocity pants forever and switched over to SLR two pants ago so that I can get more perimeter coverage with the boxier design....plus, I really like the internal padded belt.  I'm 5'10 and 168 pounds so I'm fairly thin and need a good tight fit with maximal coverage and the SLR pants are great for that.  Velocity pants taper and conform more so I would lose some coverage.

For what it's worth, I do not tuck my V7 chestie and I do not use suspenders. 

Archived