CCM Axis Pro goalie mask

To all in order to avoid dropping another $1K for a new mask I am reaching out to find out if the new Axis foam padding is available at retail ?

My son currently has the CCM GFL Pro which is the same mask (unless mistaken) minus the new padding and I would just like to switch it out !

Doubt you they will sell you just the padding along. The big companies have never offered the new style padding/foams alone. If you want them you have to buy the whole mask to get it. Most of the foam/padding on the retail market isn't issued by the big companies and comes from the secondary market who make it for us buy.

I actually got inspired while redoing the foam in my spare Sportsmask to add some D30 and found a place that sells some sheets. Once I get my main mask back from the painter I plan to add some in similar places CCM has theirs. @Snowman30 is right. The closest would be to get the D30 sheets and padding from goalieparts.com and do it yourself.

Here's where I found the D30 sheets.

https://gamebreaker.com/product-category/d3o-sheets/

23 hours ago, benner33 said:

I actually got inspired while redoing the foam in my spare Sportsmask to add some D30 and found a place that sells some sheets. Once I get my main mask back from the painter I plan to add some in similar places CCM has theirs. @Snowman30 is right. The closest would be to get the D30 sheets and padding from goalieparts.com and do it yourself.

Here's where I found the D30 sheets.

https://gamebreaker.com/product-category/d3o-sheets/

Benner - thanks: would you happen to know what they mean by skived and unskived ?

I’m pretty sure that skived means it was cut/sliced from a thicker sheet whereas unskived means that’s the thickness it was produced at. Skived would have an unfinished look ( see the pores/ cells) on the surface and the unskived would have a finished look ( smooth skin) on the surface. 

Archived