Lots of bruises wearing vapor 2x pants

Henkkath

Anyone else with vapor 2x pants get nasty bruises? I feel like everytime one heals I get a new one. Should I just look for some new pants or what? Never had problems with any other bauer pants I've had past 15 years.

I know I should use my hands to catch pucks coming at my thighs/hips, but when I'm screened and I get hit in the pants and it hurts.

I'm in the 2X pants and C/A and definitely feel shots occasionally, but feel like the mobility I've gained in them is worth the tradeoff.   I've only had one really nasty bruise and it probably wouldn't have happened if I hadn't pulled out some of the inner thigh padding attached via velcro, so I can't blame that pants for that one. 

2 hours ago, Henkkath said:

Yeah I also like the mobility of 2x c/a and pants. Maybe i'll just buy some zoombang gel pads and sew them in my compression pants. 

Is it some specific spot where you get those bruises or just about anywhere? I don't know 2X that well but in many pants the padding is in a sort of pocket with opening, so you could add some soft padding there. 10mm of normal foam can do miracles softening the hits. But it needs the hard layer in front and softer materials under that.

35 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

Is it some specific spot where you get those bruises or just about anywhere? I don't know 2X that well but in many pants the padding is in a sort of pocket with opening, so you could add some soft padding there. 10mm of normal foam can do miracles softening the hits. But it needs the hard layer in front and softer materials under that.

Usually upper thighs, I've thought about putting some telttapatja in there but havent had any extra time lately.

44 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

Edge of the thigh plating or over it? Would there be a lack of padding near the edge of the plate and that would cause problems? Puck hitting the plate or just over it. Plate will relay the pucks force through if it's not cushioned enough and over the edges.

It's the edge of the thigh plate I think. 

Archived