Knee Problem Help

I'm a second year midget (U16) and I have been having trouble with my inner right knee lately when I have been going into my butterfly. I have tried stretching before I play and have been using kinesthetic tape on the spot it hurts, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips or good exercises to help strengthen my knee?

I was going to go to the doctor soon to see if I can find out if something is wrong, but I would appreciate it if anyone can help me out.

31 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Go to a Doctor.

We're severely under-qualified to try and diagnose what could be the issue. We're just a bunch of old fat drunks. 

Go to a Doctor.

1st - this.  You may very well have some type of MCL or meniscus injury, so get it checked out.

Second, there are some overarching things I can tell you that hopefully your physio will tell you as well.  Unless you had a traumatic event or series of events impacting that knee, your knee problems are not actually knee problems.    People don't generally suffer from a lack of "knee mobility".  Problems in the knee are symptoms of problems elsewhere - in the ankle and/or in the hip.  If you have patellar tendonitis, for example, it's almost always from a lack of dorsiflexion.  Problems on the inside of the knee are often caused by excessive knee valgus (knees collapsing toward one another) in athletes.  Goaltenders naturally have to do this, but if you can't control the degree to which you're getting into that position it's likely from a lack of glute strength, specifically those external rotators.   

• 2 years later...