Pro’s Choice Mask at 10 Years - Replace?

I’ve had my Pro’s Choice mask since 2010. A lot of sources say to get rid of a mask at 10 years. Is this true? Or should I just replace the cage and padding? No cracks in the mask or anything that would indicate an unsafe mask. I play once a week in a men’s league and the occasional tournament in the summer.  Any help would be appreciated.

A lot of the replace at "X" years school of thought is tied to the materials used - namely the resin I believe. Last I knew - Pro's Choice uses epoxy resin which isn't thought to degrade over time (unlike polyester resin can/will). So ultimately I think it boils down to your feel good (or lack thereof). Are you regularly giving your mask a once over and inspecting for damage/signs of degradation? Do you refurbish your mask "regularly" when called for (new cage, hardware, foams... )? For what it's worth - I have a 2008 and a 2010 Pro's Choice in my rotation with no concerns and/or issues.

My PC is from about the same time, 2010-2011.  I have had it repadded once and a few cages replaced.  I have no desire to decommission it anytime soon.  I would contact Dom himself if you are unsure of what to do.  He'll probably ask you to send it in and he'll inspect it and let you know.  That is your best bet, not asking opinions from people on the internet who have never held your mask in their hands.

Archived