New glove forming/break in

NewfieGoalie39

Hey guys, I recently bought a new CCM Eflex II 600 break glove and I have some concerns with breaking it in so far. I'm coming from a Reebok Pro Zone 590 break glove that treated me very well other the years. The first thing I noticed with the Eflex II glove is how much smaller the front face seems to me. The pocket in particular looks smaller. So I'm wondering if you guys do anything to kind of shape the pocket or give the glove a larger face. 

I watched a video that Source for Sports posted on YouTube a few years back but wasn't sure if this was still appropriate. As well, I have seen a few posts on Instagram that have gloves with stick extensions in them to kind of stretch out the face. Do any of you guys do any of these methods?

As well, with the game ready gloves today, do you guys still do the Keeps method of breaking in a glove, or does the game readiness make this unnecessary now? 

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks guys!

Gloves do come in different shapes that all adhere to the same overall dimensions put in place by the NHL. So overall, it's the same size, it just may be different in pocket/fingers/cuff areas between brands/models.

As for breaking it in, Keeps method is still solid, even with these more broken in gloves. You can also always toss a couple pucks into the pocket, tie it closed and leave it for a few days.

A couple tennis balls in the pocket, close it tightly and tape it with plastic shin guard tape. After a day of that, underneath the bedpost while it's wide open.

And even though people have come swinging at me for saying this, I strongly urge that you don't do that method where you pour hot water on or in it.

1 hour ago, ULTIMA said:

A couple tennis balls in the pocket, close it tightly and tape it with plastic shin guard tape. After a day of that, underneath the bedpost while it's wide open.

And even though people have come swinging at me for saying this, I strongly urge that you don't do that method where you pour hot water on or in it.

What exactly is tennis balls in a pocket of webbing going to achieve for a glove which you are trying to break in the palm?

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What exactly is tennis balls in a pocket of webbing going to achieve for a glove which you are trying to break in the palm?

From OP's questions

The pocket in particular looks smaller. So I'm wondering if you guys do anything to kind of shape the pocket or give the glove a larger face. 

Archived