Pro Stock Goalie Warrior Ritual Stick

SDGoalie

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight about these Warrior Ritual sticks from Pro Stock Hockey:

https://www.prostockhockey.com/hockey-sticks/goalie-sticks/left-team-stock-white-ritual-stick-26-twist-curve/

The price is significantly lower than the sticks that are printed as V2 E+:

https://www.prostockhockey.com/hockey-sticks/goalie-sticks/left-team-stock-black-ritual-v2-e-stick/

Obviously this suggests that the first listing is a lower-quality stick. But I don't remember which, if any, iteration of the Ritual stick simply says "Ritual" on the shaft with no other lettering. This leads me to wonder if its just skinned that way, in which case who knows what version it is? 

I've been using a V1 Pro + stick that I've really liked and I don't want to downgrade to something that's a lot heavier. Should I roll the dice with this one or suck it up and go with the more expensive option?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Adam

I was looking at those a couple weeks back and wondering the very same thing.  I’m guessing they’re Sr-level Rituals that Warrior made as generic stock/extras for pro teams.  The V1 Pro +’s sell for ~$50 more, I’d imagine Pro Stock Hockey knows what they are and priced them accordingly.  I picked up a Jake Paterson V1 Pro+ from them instead of reaching out and asking them what these $99 Warrior Rituals are- have you reached out to them?

I haven't reached out, though I guess I should start there. I was thinking the same about them being generics for overstock, especially if they're being made for lower-level pros. If something seems too good to be true it usually is, so I'm assuming they're a step down from the true pro quality. 

4 hours ago, jerd31 said:

I was looking at those a couple weeks back and wondering the very same thing.  I’m guessing they’re Sr-level Rituals that Warrior made as generic stock/extras for pro teams.  The V1 Pro +’s sell for ~$50 more, I’d imagine Pro Stock Hockey knows what they are and priced them accordingly.  I picked up a Jake Paterson V1 Pro+ from them instead of reaching out and asking them what these $99 Warrior Rituals are- have you reached out to them?

I've often wondered the same thing.  If PSH is buying straight from the team, these could be throw-in sticks from Warrior for EBUGs and odd situations like that.  On the other hand, if PSH is buying from Warrior, these could be overstock that Warrior decided to unload at the moment.

IIRC the NHL pro stocks made by Warrior are made in Mexico.  There's more options for curves and paddle configurations.  I think the butt-end cap will have the team logo as well.  I'm not sure how the other pro leagues work, or if it trickles down to NCAA.

Here's some Warrior pro return sticks from HockeyGeeks to show the variety paddle options: https://sourcelondon.com/collections/senior-composite-sticks/products/warrior-v1-pro-pro-return

• Like 1

I've seen Warrior player "TEAM" stick and it's a lower lever stick. It might be a model for semi-pro teams, there are options which you won't get in stock models and you have to order big bunch of those.

But $99 with Howies tape sounds great deal if you don't need a pro model. 

Interesting that this Casey DeSmith stick appears to have the same "Ritual" graphic with no V1:

https://sourcelondon.com/collections/senior-composite-sticks/products/warrior-v1-pro-pro-return

On 6/10/2022 at 12:24 PM, Chenner29 said:

I've often wondered the same thing.  If PSH is buying straight from the team, these could be throw-in sticks from Warrior for EBUGs and odd situations like that.  On the other hand, if PSH is buying from Warrior, these could be overstock that Warrior decided to unload at the moment.

IIRC the NHL pro stocks made by Warrior are made in Mexico.  There's more options for curves and paddle configurations.  I think the butt-end cap will have the team logo as well.  I'm not sure how the other pro leagues work, or if it trickles down to NCAA.

Here's some Warrior pro return sticks from HockeyGeeks to show the variety paddle options: https://sourcelondon.com/collections/senior-composite-sticks/products/warrior-v1-pro-pro-return

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a big lesson I have learned about the difference between $99 sticks and the current $160's at PSH.  I decided to splurge on a V1 Pro+ at ProStock even though it was the most I've ever paid for a stick. 

WHAT a difference in my game. Of course it is super light, almost like a players stick so I can move my blocker a touch quicker and handle the puck much easier.

But THAT'S not even close to the best part. The blade on this guy is SO stiff that even if I get just a piece of a shot off the end of the blade it shoots out and away from the goal.  Also, super hard on ice shots that used to sneak under my blade sometimes (due to flexing underneath) also easily pop off and out of danger even if I don't always have a perfect seal.

If you can afford one of these guys, they are definitely worth it in my opinion.

(I guess you can tell that I'm pretty charged up about this - it has really improved my game!!)

• Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 6:22 PM, CamWardFan said:

Here's a big lesson I have learned about the difference between $99 sticks and the current $160's at PSH.  I decided to splurge on a V1 Pro+ at ProStock even though it was the most I've ever paid for a stick. 

WHAT a difference in my game. Of course it is super light, almost like a players stick so I can move my blocker a touch quicker and handle the puck much easier.

But THAT'S not even close to the best part. The blade on this guy is SO stiff that even if I get just a piece of a shot off the end of the blade it shoots out and away from the goal.  Also, super hard on ice shots that used to sneak under my blade sometimes (due to flexing underneath) also easily pop off and out of danger even if I don't always have a perfect seal.

If you can afford one of these guys, they are definitely worth it in my opinion.

(I guess you can tell that I'm pretty charged up about this - it has really improved my game!!)

Does yours have the slide grip?  My V1 Pro+ didn’t have it, which was disappointing. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case anyone is interested, I reached out to Pro Stock hockey and they listed the weight of these sticks as 850g. For comparison, here's what I've turned up in other research:

V1 Senior: 840g

VI Senior+: 780g

VI Pro: 740g

V1 Pro+: 650g

In short, these $99 sticks appear to be essentially the lowest level SR stick.

• Thanks 1