Skates for unique foot

Hello, my foot doesn’t really fit any of the Bauer fits for skates. I have the width of a fit 2 but height of fit 3, so a fit 2 is uncomfortable but fit 3 gives too much space. Does anyone know if any other brands would be able to provide a skate to fit me that is reasonably priced (true customs are too pricy) thanks.

Edited by Dan_32

8 hours ago, Dan_32 said:

Hello, my foot doesn’t really fit any of the Bauer fits for skates. I have the width of a fit 2 but height of fit 3, so a fit 2 is uncomfortable but fit 3 gives too much space. Does anyone know if any other brands would be able to provide a skate to fit me that is reasonably priced (true customs are too pricy) thanks.

When you say height, I'm assuming you mean instep height?

image.png.db711e951a729dcb584da1e31f3faaa5.png

I have read elsewhere that the True TF9 stock boot has some pretty good fit profiles

If not, you can try Graf, their boots can be shaped a little bit

• Dan_32 changed the title to Skates for unique foot
17 hours ago, Dan_32 said:

That doesn't sound so unique. Fit 2 or 3 should be ok if the skate fits otherwise and you bake it well. But if you have a "normal" feet with just fit2 width and fit3 height, you could try to find latest Vapor skate with D width. 

5 hours ago, Korppi32 said:

That doesn't sound so unique. Fit 2 or 3 should be ok if the skate fits otherwise and you bake it well. But if you have a "normal" feet with just fit2 width and fit3 height, you could try to find latest Vapor skate with D width. 

A D would be for a more narrow foot so I doubt that would work. @Dan_32 have tried on an older EE? Or ccm still uses standard widths so maybe give those a go. Other than those or Bauers you could try the retail true skates or grafs.

I was having similar issues and spent nearly 4-5 years and almost every single pair of skates on the market and never felt comfortable.  In Late 2019, after talking with the shop they suggested I go the custom skate route... so I dropped the coin and bought some Custom CCM AS1 skates and I couldn't be any happier.  I am still using the skates today (I skate about once a week) and not looking to replace them.

When the skates arrived it was almost a 95% perfect fit, tossed them in the skate bake oven and then after a handful of skates, they feel like slippers.

• Like 1

I agree.   True customs were revolutionary for my extremely wide feet.   I've got TF9's to skate out in, and they're nowhere near as comfortable.    I'm going on 6 years on my Trues, and have had no durability issues.   I do remove the footbeds and dry them in front of a fan after every skate though, so if you'd rather just leave stuff in your bag, you may not get the same experiance. 

• Like 1