Brian’s question

xmikex32

Hey guys, I’m starting to plan ahead for my next set of pads and pretty sure I will be going with Brian’s. I’ve always wanted a set and decided to treat myself. 

right now I’m in G5 pros and like the stiffness but I can feel they are starting to soften up a little bit. My main question is are gnetiks the same stiffness as the warriors and the optiks even stiffer or are the gnetiks softer than the warriors? I’ve looked up the key differences of the two lines but without being able to handle both I don’t know what each pad feels like. 

I’ve come from Simmons 999 pads that were really soft to warriors which were my first “modern” style pad and the stiffest I’ve used. 

1 hour ago, xmikex32 said:

Hey guys, I’m starting to plan ahead for my next set of pads and pretty sure I will be going with Brian’s. I’ve always wanted a set and decided to treat myself. 

right now I’m in G5 pros and like the stiffness but I can feel they are starting to soften up a little bit. My main question is are gnetiks the same stiffness as the warriors and the optiks even stiffer or are the gnetiks softer than the warriors? I’ve looked up the key differences of the two lines but without being able to handle both I don’t know what each pad feels like. 

I’ve come from Simmons 999 pads that were really soft to warriors which were my first “modern” style pad and the stiffest I’ve used. 

If we're talking about just off the shelf stiffness, the Gnetiks will be softer both at the thighrise and torsionally than the G5's. Optiks will be far closer to stiffness profile in the boot and thigh. 

To piggyback off of what @coopaloop1234 said:

If you're getting stock GNetikVs, they'll be a roughly similar flex on the thigh, but have a little more torsional flex overall. If you're customizing, you can get them more (or less) stiff. The Optiks will likely read stiffer on your leg since they have little torsional give, but the bend on the thigh will be very similar to the GNetikV level 1 flex on the thigh (similar lay up, they both have the Bri-Core through the thigh to middle knee, does not reach the knee break).

I have gotten to play with them side-by-side, so let me know if you have any other questions. I'm sure other people can provide just as valid of information. What are you going for in your next pad and what do you think/know you want out of them?

Edited by keeperton

I’m mostly looking for a pad that is a little stiffer than my warriors and will retain that rigidity. I’ve have my warriors for roughly two years and the boot has gotten and little softer and the thighrise has softened up a little bit. The pads are single break and pretty flexible at the break.

Honestly these are the stiffest pad I’ve worn and haven’t had the chance to try anything stiffer and whether or not I’ll like a softer or stiffer boot. All I know is that I don’t like soft pads. My last set is a velocity knockoff and the pucks would either go right out of reach leaving me to scramble. 

would I be able to customize the gnetiks enough to make them stiff or at that point would it just be better to go with optiks? I’m mostly looking for hard rebounds  

i haven’t had the opportunity to wear a bunch of different pads so I honestly don’t really know what will work for me and what won’t. Kind of a crap shoot ordering pads that you think you like but them not working out. 

On 1/20/2023 at 8:25 AM, xmikex32 said:

I’m mostly looking for a pad that is a little stiffer than my warriors and will retain that rigidity. I’ve have my warriors for roughly two years and the boot has gotten and little softer and the thighrise has softened up a little bit. The pads are single break and pretty flexible at the break.

Honestly these are the stiffest pad I’ve worn and haven’t had the chance to try anything stiffer and whether or not I’ll like a softer or stiffer boot. All I know is that I don’t like soft pads. My last set is a velocity knockoff and the pucks would either go right out of reach leaving me to scramble. 

would I be able to customize the gnetiks enough to make them stiff or at that point would it just be better to go with optiks? I’m mostly looking for hard rebounds  

i haven’t had the opportunity to wear a bunch of different pads so I honestly don’t really know what will work for me and what won’t. Kind of a crap shoot ordering pads that you think you like but them not working out. 

I think if you want harder rebounds you should lean towards the Optik line. The GNetikVs have held their rigidity great for me in the 9 months I've had them, but the rebounds aren't like some of the other harder faced pads.

On 1/20/2023 at 7:25 PM, xmikex32 said:

Optik will definitely be tougher on rebounds. but if the main criterion is the rigidity of the rebounds, then your way is Bauer. I speak as a former Optik owner and a big Brians fan. when I switched from Optik, which I considered ideal to 1S, I realized that I was wrong and the ideal pads for rebounds were created not by Brians but by Bauer

Edited by ser33